PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you having good luck or bad luck with the EVO 3D reception?
I have dropped fewer calls with my EVO 3D than on my EVO 4G 6 11.76%
I have dropped more calls with my EVO 3D than on my EVO 4G 29 56.86%
I have dropped fewer calls with my EVO 3D than on my previous Sprint phone (not a EVO 4G) 5 9.80%
I have dropped more calls with my EVO 3D than on my previous Sprint phone (not a EVO 4G) 10 19.61%
I have dropped fewer calls with my EVO 3D than with my old phone on Verizon 1 1.96%
I have dropped more calls with my EVO 3D than with my old phone on Verizon 0 0%
I have dropped fewer calls with my EVO 3D than with my old phone on ATT 0 0%
I have dropped more calls with my EVO 3D than with my old phone on ATT 0 0%
I have dropped fewer calls with my EVO 3D than with my old phone on Tmobile 0 0%
I have dropped more calls with my EVO 3D than with my old phone on Tmobile 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Pitchblack98 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Pitchblack98 Send a message via AIM to Pitchblack98 Send a message via Yahoo to Pitchblack98
Problems... Dropped calls and no signal

Is anyone having problems with dropped calls or signal strength? It has to be my EVO 3D cause I never had problems with my EVO 4g. I pretty much have no signal in my house while my wife has full signal on her EVO 4g sitting right next to me. It is constantly switching back and forth to roaming. My battery is dead in about 3 hours with my phone just sitting with no use at all at home.

I can't pick up 4g in my office at work. If I walk outside I get a weak signal. My EVO 4g would connect with a good signal every day.

I am also dropping at least 50% of my calls while driving around. I do a lot of driving for work and can't remember the last time I dropped a call with my EVO 4g.

Is it just my phone or do all of the EVO 3D's have problems like this? It looks like I am going to be sending mine back and sticking with my EVO 4g unless there is a solution to this...

I live in the Denver metro area if anyone was wondering or thinking I was out in the middle of no where.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Problems... Dropped calls and no signal

I'm having the same problem also and consider sending it back. Although I'm sure an update will come out soon for this issue. All you can do is tell HTC. Infact I'm doing it now.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Flashy037 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchblack98 View Post
Is anyone having problems with dropped calls or signal strength? It has to be my EVO 3D cause I never had problems with my EVO 4g. I pretty much have no signal in my house while my wife has full signal on her EVO 4g sitting right next to me. It is constantly switching back and forth to roaming. My battery is dead in about 3 hours with my phone just sitting with no use at all at home.

I can't pick up 4g in my office at work. If I walk outside I get a weak signal. My EVO 4g would connect with a good signal every day.

I am also dropping at least 50% of my calls while driving around. I do a lot of driving for work and can't remember the last time I dropped a call with my EVO 4g.

Is it just my phone or do all of the EVO 3D's have problems like this? It looks like I am going to be sending mine back and sticking with my EVO 4g unless there is a solution to this...

I live in the Denver metro area if anyone was wondering or thinking I was out in the middle of no where.

I am having the same problems. This signal strength sucks. I returned my first 3D and exchanged it thinking it was just THAT unit, but the new one is the same. I did notice on the 2nd one, it had better strength before I did the update. After the update it got worse. Spots where I usually would run 6-9meg download speeds on 4g are 50k. Something better get fixed quick.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:24 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Yeah, my 3d drops calls more than my Evo did. Not sure it is enough to make me return it though as the areas where it has dropped calls is bad areas. I am going to hold out for an update. Like too much about this phone to give up right now.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 06-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Email HTC or Sprint about this problem. I did. This way this problem gets documented and hopefully a fix will on it's way!!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

johnnymac is just getting started

I am having the same... I have usually full bars at work.... But I am dropping calls and my phone keeps telling me that I am roaming!!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:11 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

I haven't had this problem yet.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul,TP, TP II, EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint

robysch22 is just getting started

Hi guys, I noticed that both of my EVO 3 D’s have the same network connectivity issue.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Pitchblack98 is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to Pitchblack98 Send a message via AIM to Pitchblack98 Send a message via Yahoo to Pitchblack98

This sucks. I get a bunch of voice mails after sitting at home for a while and going out to where I get a signal. My phone never rings or anything when I'm home. I'm probably going to tough it out for another week, but if this isn't fixed I have to send it back. Its the only phone I have and for it to not work when I'm home and constantly dropping calls is unacceptable.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul,TP, TP II, EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint

robysch22 is just getting started

Just compared my 3 D's, TP2 and TP1.

Areas in my house where my TP2 and TP1 has 3-4 bars consistent, the EVO's bounces around between 0-3 at the most.

I know it is hard 2 compare apples and oranges, but it defiantly should be more consistent.

Now this could be a deal breaker for me.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D