PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 12:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

tntsniper is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exchange Error 0x8501004 Any ideas?

Every time I try and sync I get the error code 0x8501004 ... I have no idea why or how to fix this, I've done searches and everything and nothing helps.. I have a feeling it has to do with me not having a certificate.. any ideas?

Thanks
Old 11-10-2008, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Cricket

dcperdue is keeping up the good workdcperdue is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dcperdue
Re: Exchange Error 0x8501004 Any ideas?

In the address box when setting up the connection to your exchange server make sure of the folowing.

Can you access your exchange webmail by typing in the folowing address into a web browser?

http://www.yourdomainname.com/exchange

If you can access it then in the server field on the connections tab on the phone type that exact same address.

For some reason on windows mobile 6.1 you cant just type the ip address of the server running exchange.
t
If I have helped you please flag me as such.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcperdue View Post
In the address box when setting up the connection to your exchange server make sure of the folowing.

Can you access your exchange webmail by typing in the folowing address into a web browser?

http://www.yourdomainname.com/exchange

If you can access it then in the server field on the connections tab on the phone type that exact same address.

For some reason on windows mobile 6.1 you cant just type the ip address of the server running exchange.
t
If I have helped you please flag me as such.
Humm I dont think that worked crap.. thanks for trying though!
Old 11-10-2008, 01:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Any Exchange experts here? I am loosing my mind!!!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 02:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
Any Exchange experts here? I am loosing my mind!!!!!
If you cant access your exchange server from a web browser using its domain name like i typed it then the phone wont work either.

This isnt an issue with your phone instead its an issue with an improperly configured exchange server. If you can access your webmail from a browser then type the address exactly the same as you do in your web browser to access your webmail.

MCSE Certified I have 8 exchange servers running in a cluster on both windows 2003 and 2008 hosting about 50 thousand cooperate email accounts for various companies. Their a few people on this forum that do exchange syncing with their diamond.

You never even answered my questions. I cant help you when you answer 2 of my questions for specific information with "that didnt work"

Last edited by dcperdue; 11-10-2008 at 02:33 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
If you cant access your exchange server from a web browser using its domain name like i typed it then the phone wont work either.

This isnt an issue with your phone instead its an issue with an improperly configured exchange server. If you can access your webmail from a browser then type the address exactly the same as you do in your web browser to access your webmail.

MCSE Certified I have 8 exchange servers running in a cluster on both windows 2003 and 2008 hosting about 50 thousand cooperate email accounts for various companies. Their a few people on this forum that do exchange syncing with their diamond.

You never even answered my questions. I can help you when you answer 2 of my questions for specific information with "that didnt work"
it does work on my web browser, now what if exchange doesn't have mobile enabled? is there a way around this? And if you want to contact me via AIM to help me solve this there is a paypal reward for ya
Old 11-10-2008, 02:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Okay heres what I've done so far,

I've downloaded the 2 certificates off of the exchange server when i log in via IE.. I just click the yellow lock and download them.. I've typed it in exactly the way i do on my web address.. I've tried to put exchange at the end of it... none of those fixes are working...

btw thanks for your help dc
Old 11-10-2008, 02:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
Okay heres what I've done so far,

I've downloaded the 2 certificates off of the exchange server when i log in via IE.. I just click the yellow lock and download them.. I've typed it in exactly the way i do on my web address.. I've tried to put exchange at the end of it... none of those fixes are working...

btw thanks for your help dc
Ok so your using ssl that would of been good information to know in the beginning.

Questions?
Is your domain the CA for your certificate?
Is this the only exchange server in your OU?
If more then 1 exchange server in your OU is the one you are connecting to the front end exchange server or the back end?

You dont need to enable any of the mobile access garbage on exchange no matter what your OU config is.

If your using ssl and your domain is the CA then make sure ssl is enabled in your connection settings. Also try using the IE browser on the diamond and try to access the webmail address if your prompted for a user and pass then it should work. If you get an error then you need to add the certificate as a trusted cert on the device.

WM 6.1 has made exchange syncing more secure and I currently have 8 diamonds for employees that are flashed to cricket and they sync with exchange with no problems at all.

Of course I was getting the same error because I was trying to use the ip of my exchange server which wasnt an issue until wm6.1 and your right there is no information at all for that code other then generic that dont apply to your issue. That error number is a generic sync error. Also if you have access to the server check the event log.

Last edited by dcperdue; 11-10-2008 at 02:48 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

mabmarc is keeping up the good workmabmarc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
You dont need to enable any of the mobile access garbage on exchange no matter what your OU config is.
Not sure if I agree with this. My exchange administrator changed the following flag:

msExchOmaAdminWirelessEnable = 5 (which gets me OMA - Outlook Mobile Access through a browser but not exchange activesync or push)

Now I can no longer sync with Exchange. I am a domain administrator with rights to change it back but cannot due to policy. Now I have to use "Seven" to sync my exchange mail. It is not ideal but it does the job.

I use ADSIEDIT.msc to view the flag information in active directory.

Flag info can be found below and on the table in this link: http://searchexchange.techtarget.com...179958,00.html

Flag OMA UserSync Push
0 x x x
1 x x o
2 o x x
3 o x o
4 x o x
5 x o o
6 o o x
7 o o o
Old 11-10-2008, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabmarc View Post
Not sure if I agree with this. My exchange administrator changed the following flag:

msExchOmaAdminWirelessEnable = 5 (which gets me OMA - Outlook Mobile Access through a browser but not exchange activesync or push)

Now I can no longer sync with Exchange. I am a domain administrator with rights to change it back but cannot due to policy. Now I have to use "Seven" to sync my exchange mail. It is not ideal but it does the job.

I use ADSIEDIT.msc to view the flag information in active directory.

Flag info can be found below and on the table in this link: http://searchexchange.techtarget.com...179958,00.html

Flag OMA UserSync Push
0 x x x
1 x x o
2 o x x
3 o x o
4 x o x
5 x o o
6 o o x
7 o o o
Hey is that "Seven" a program? Thanks a lot btw for the response it seems that my admin did the same..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond