PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 12:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Cricket

dcperdue is keeping up the good workdcperdue is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dcperdue
Re: Exchange Error 0x8501004 Any ideas?

Seriously guys stop helping this guy your just wasting your time. He does not even have access to the server.

I tried to get information from him as to wether his server was the CA for the cirtificate and if it was a back end server or front end server for the OU.

Never got one question answered. I am sorry but how are we supposed to help somone when they cant even answer a few questions. It is a certificate issue but unless you have access to the CA your just spinning your wheels.

Unless you have access to the CA which is Certificate Authority or the server/OU which is Organazional Unit WE CAN'T HELP YOU.

Just give up and use yahoo or something.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

tntsniper is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcperdue View Post
Seriously guys stop helping this guy your just wasting your time. He does not even have access to the server.

I tried to get information from him as to wether his server was the CA for the cirtificate and if it was a back end server or front end server for the OU.

Never got one question answered. I am sorry but how are we supposed to help somone when they cant even answer a few questions. It is a certificate issue but unless you have access to the CA your just spinning your wheels.

Unless you have access to the CA which is Certificate Authority or the server/OU which is Organazional Unit WE CAN'T HELP YOU.

Just give up and use yahoo or something.

I PMed you the info man.. sorry either it didnt go through or I dunno wats up..
heres the info again...

Is your domain the CA for your certificate?
Certificate info via browser -- The three layers showing in Certification Path are:

VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary CA
- Issued to: Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority
- Issued by: Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority
- Valid from 1/28/1996 to 8/1/2028

www.verisign/CPS Incorp. by Ref. LIABILITY LTD.(c)97 VeriSign
- Issued to: www.verisign/CPS Incorp. by Ref. LIABILITY LTD.(c)97 VeriSign
- Valid from 4/16/1997 to 10/24/2011

- Issued to: www.verisign/CPS Incorp. by Ref. LIABILITY LTD.(c)97 VeriSign
- Valid from 4/16/1997 to 10/24/2011

**When configuring the server info in the WM6.1 setup, I've tried both with and without the SSL box being checked.

When hitting the OWA from the phone's IE browser, I'm able to log in successfully and move around to calendar, contacts, etc. Get a Page not Found error on logging out.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

mabmarc is keeping up the good workmabmarc is keeping up the good work

I think you will need to do what I did to get around the admin block. Here is the info I posted in another forum. If you need help I will try to help. Yes Seven is a separate program, since you asked in a previous message. As long as you have OWA to your email, Seven should work for you.

I have an exchange account that uses the Seven client to sync email, contacts and calendar. It works very well. I also use Seven to get push Gmail. Seven connects to the exchange server via Outlook Web Access. Seven is also a beta program so YMMV. There is another option that works like Seven called Emoze but I do NOT recommend it. Here is a link for the Seven Beta.

http://community.seven.com/main.php

One other note. Seven offers Push and the mail actually goes to your inbox and has the look and feel of an activesync connection. You want to get the "Out of Office" version. It does everything over the air.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

jthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuff

I did see that someone found a fix if your device is not loading the SSL certificate correctly. See the link below and before you click on his link, read what he did and see if it works for you.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=310
Old 11-12-2008, 11:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

here you go, MAKE SURE YOU'RE EXPORTING THE ROOT certificate or else it won't work.

http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/..._cab_file.aspx

as well as - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/915840

if you follow the directions you should be fine.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabmarc View Post
I think you will need to do what I did to get around the admin block. Here is the info I posted in another forum. If you need help I will try to help. Yes Seven is a separate program, since you asked in a previous message. As long as you have OWA to your email, Seven should work for you.

I have an exchange account that uses the Seven client to sync email, contacts and calendar. It works very well. I also use Seven to get push Gmail. Seven connects to the exchange server via Outlook Web Access. Seven is also a beta program so YMMV. There is another option that works like Seven called Emoze but I do NOT recommend it. Here is a link for the Seven Beta.

http://community.seven.com/main.php

One other note. Seven offers Push and the mail actually goes to your inbox and has the look and feel of an activesync connection. You want to get the "Out of Office" version. It does everything over the air.
Hey man thanks for the info, but Seven isn't even working.. I get an Error 301 code, I looked it up on the seven forums and it seems to be exchange 2003 or something that is stopping it from working. Its just one mess after another.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
here you go, MAKE SURE YOU'RE EXPORTING THE ROOT certificate or else it won't work.

http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/..._cab_file.aspx

as well as - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/915840

if you follow the directions you should be fine.

Thanks man, but i've tried saving my two certificates from my exchange and that didn't work, but I appreciate the help a lot.. THanks a ton!
Old 11-12-2008, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas8946 View Post
I did see that someone found a fix if your device is not loading the SSL certificate correctly. See the link below and before you click on his link, read what he did and see if it works for you.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=310

This is the only thing I think WILL work.. I'm goin to try asa i can.. I did hardsync and it worked perfect.. I think this will work i'll give it a shot and keep you posted!
Old 11-12-2008, 07:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
Thanks man, but i've tried saving my two certificates from my exchange and that didn't work, but I appreciate the help a lot.. THanks a ton!
when you export the cert from your mailserver MAKE SURE IT IS YOUR root CERT

if you're not exporting the cert @ the top of the list it wont take, GL if that's not your issue.

WM6+ is supposed to promt you to DL the new cert automatically, make sure you've got the SSL box checked on your phone

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond