dcperdue is keeping up the good workdcperdue is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dcperdue
Re: Exchange Error 0x8501004 Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
Okay heres what I've done so far,

I've downloaded the 2 certificates off of the exchange server when i log in via IE.. I just click the yellow lock and download them.. I've typed it in exactly the way i do on my web address.. I've tried to put exchange at the end of it... none of those fixes are working...

btw thanks for your help dc
Ok so your using ssl that would of been good information to know in the beginning.

Questions?
Is your domain the CA for your certificate?
Is this the only exchange server in your OU?
If more then 1 exchange server in your OU is the one you are connecting to the front end exchange server or the back end?

You dont need to enable any of the mobile access garbage on exchange no matter what your OU config is.

If your using ssl and your domain is the CA then make sure ssl is enabled in your connection settings. Also try using the IE browser on the diamond and try to access the webmail address if your prompted for a user and pass then it should work. If you get an error then you need to add the certificate as a trusted cert on the device.

WM 6.1 has made exchange syncing more secure and I currently have 8 diamonds for employees that are flashed to cricket and they sync with exchange with no problems at all.

Of course I was getting the same error because I was trying to use the ip of my exchange server which wasnt an issue until wm6.1 and your right there is no information at all for that code other then generic that dont apply to your issue. That error number is a generic sync error. Also if you have access to the server check the event log.

Last edited by dcperdue; 11-10-2008 at 02:48 AM.