PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

smeg36 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Change soft keys in Messaging?

I'd really like to change some of the soft key functions in the Messaging program. Specifically, I'd like to alter the left soft key when reading an email from Reply All to just Reply. I keep hitting Reply All to reply to an email, and that will then send the email back to me as well as the original sender. I know I can go to the right soft key, then reply, then just reply, but I'd really like to have it be Reply instead of Reply all. I've gone through the registry, and couldn't find a setting for it. I'd also like to change the left soft key in the Text Message account when looking at all the messages from Reply to Delete.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: Change soft keys in Messaging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post
I'd really like to change some of the soft key functions in the Messaging program. Specifically, I'd like to alter the left soft key when reading an email from Reply All to just Reply. I keep hitting Reply All to reply to an email, and that will then send the email back to me as well as the original sender. I know I can go to the right soft key, then reply, then just reply, but I'd really like to have it be Reply instead of Reply all. I've gone through the registry, and couldn't find a setting for it. I'd also like to change the left soft key in the Text Message account when looking at all the messages from Reply to Delete.
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\BootLauncher\Servic es\OutlookEnhancement]
"Module"="\\windows\\OutlookEnhancement.dll"

Change "Module"="\\windows\\OutlookEnhancement.dll"

to "Module"=

then soft reset

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

smeg36 is becoming a great contributor

That's exactly what I wanted for the soft key while in an email. Thank you. I don't care so much about the delete left soft key when in the Text Messaging account, I was mainly annoyed with the Reply All.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

your welcome
Old 10-31-2008, 03:50 PM
N00b

joshj84 is a n00b

Juggalo,

what about for regular email and not outlook email? Is there a way to change this as well?
Old 11-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

rageouss is becoming a great contributor
Question Re: Change soft keys in Messaging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshj84 View Post
Juggalo,

what about for regular email and not outlook email? Is there a way to change this as well?
It changes it for my Live email as well and I would assume any email account you have set up.

Question: I am trying to change the "Reply All" button when I am reading an email to "Delete". It is a pain to have to click "Menu" -> "Delete" every time when you open the email from TF3D. I can change it to "Reply" thanks to Baffles:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
  • Change "Reply All" in poutlook back to "Reply" - [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\BootLauncher\Servic es\OutlookEnhancement], set module to an empty string. TO revert, set module to "\\windows\\OutlookEnhancement.dll"
I opened OutlookEnhancement.dll with Resource Hacker thinking I could edit it but only could see the version info. Any one out there with more coding knowledge than me that can help me out

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond