PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Radioshack employee Plan work on htc 7 pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
extra $10 big deal!!! what do u do with $10 anyway, goto mcdonalds, bk, etc?
Considering I'm going from the SERO $30/mnth plan to $50/mnth, yes that is a big deal to me. For something that will be as outdated very quickly, it is not worth paying the price I would normally pay for a phone with more features.
Guess I'll stick with my TP2 for a bit longer

BTW: no, I dont spend the money on mcdonalds, bk, etc.. I actually want to have a retirement; the "big deal, its only a little more" attitude is what keeps people slaving their entire lives. The phone is an extra $20/mnth, and thats an extra $10/mnth that I'm not willing to pay for. Simple as that
Old 03-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

amkfoo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
its funny how only u SERO pundits complain about this. i dont have SERO and ill be paying almost 2x more after taxes than what u'd be paying if u got this phone.im currently unemployed collecting unemployment (gettin jus a lil less than $200 bi weekly) and am also attending school so its not a big deal for me it will not be outdated for at least a year after its release due to the way wp7 is structured it doesnt need mockingbird or protegra processors to run smoothly.
Why do we complain about these extra fees? It is that we are not foolish enough to give up such a huge discount. For example, I pay approximately $37.00/month for two lines and 1400 minutes with my Free & Clear family plan, I have unlimited text/roaming/internet on both lines. So my yearly cost of my two Sprint lines is about $444, if I wanted the same services with todays plans and newer phones I would be paying about $129/month for two lines, thats $1,548 to operate two lines is 1 year!

I am thankful enough to be employed and I would rather save the $1,104 then spending it on my phone carrier...

Anyways my point is if they wanna charge me an extra $10-20 a month for a newer phone I'd rather just stay with my plan
Old 03-09-2011, 09:43 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amkfoo View Post
Why do we complain about these extra fees? It is that we are not foolish enough to give up such a huge discount. For example, I pay approximately $37.00/month for two lines and 1400 minutes with my Free & Clear family plan, I have unlimited text/roaming/internet on both lines. So my yearly cost of my two Sprint lines is about $444, if I wanted the same services with todays plans and newer phones I would be paying about $129/month for two lines, thats $1,548 to operate two lines is 1 year!

I am thankful enough to be employed and I would rather save the $1,104 then spending it on my phone carrier...

Anyways my point is if they wanna charge me an extra $10-20 a month for a newer phone I'd rather just stay with my plan

dayum u really did the math lol.. well said
Old 03-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Amkfoo pretty much nailed it..
I never once complained about it being unfair. I simply stated that I do not think the phone is worth the $20 premium for what may end up as a lateral upgrade. I would rather wait for something next gen before considering giving up my TP2.

Last edited by orangekid; 03-10-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:27 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

all you guys just need to either answer question op asked or move on. stop with the baiting/flaming. im gonna delete some posts and im hoping that makes it clear to stay on topic.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:49 AM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
all you guys just need to either answer question op asked or move on. stop with the baiting/flaming. im gonna delete some posts and im hoping that makes it clear to stay on topic.

thanks man i felt bad after postin what i did so thank you for deleting that ..
Old 03-10-2011, 10:07 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
sorry if it seemed that i was baiting/flaming i was jus trying to make a point. however it does get kinda annoying to see the same concerns/complaints or whatever in threads or on the front page news articles everytime a new phone is coming out. ever since the EVO announcement this has been going on. i mean shouldnt they already know the terms of this plan and the phones they can have?
Old 03-12-2011, 01:52 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Just to through some more weight behind Darren's post, we have been getting a lot of complaints about how some threads have been running off the rails around here. This has got to stop and stop now.

Consider this a general warning that bans are going to start flying if I continue to see the same crap over and over again over the next few days.

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 03-31-2011, 04:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

kolanut is just getting started

Sooooo.... has anybody with an old 3G Radio Shack Plan (Free and Clear Plan) been able to activate an HTV Arrive on it?
Old 04-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

amkfoo is a n00b

Kolanut, looks like were all stuck with our Touch Pro 2's

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro