PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 11:58 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Radioshack employee Plan work on htc 7 pro?

probly not since radioshack is anti-WP7
Old 02-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

kdkoch is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

You will be able to put the Pro 7 on your current plan, but it will be an extra $10 a month. That is the word I got this morning from our Rep.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

themanjsq is just getting started

I've read some articles, and yes i can put my plan on pro 7 for $10 bucks extra a month (since it's an activation of a new phone). Basically, the people who are grandfathered-in just buy the phone retail (expensive, but will save in the long run) activate it for $10 more a month. I will be paying $30 a month instead of $20 =( lol
Old 02-24-2011, 08:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380 Touch Pro 2 <-6850 <-6800 <- 6700 <- 6600...

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by themanjsq View Post
I've read some articles, and yes i can put my plan on pro 7 for $10 bucks extra a month (since it's an activation of a new phone). Basically, the people who are grandfathered-in just buy the phone retail (expensive, but will save in the long run) activate it for $10 more a month. I will be paying $30 a month instead of $20 =( lol
So I'm on a sprint power pack family plan, am in in the same boat as ^ ?

Sprint has closed the door on all other "data" phones for me and want's about another $150 per month for the same service. I'm hoping the WM phones will still squeak through.

Anyone know?
Old 02-25-2011, 03:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

themanjsq is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavezero View Post
So I'm on a sprint power pack family plan, am in in the same boat as ^ ?

Sprint has closed the door on all other "data" phones for me and want's about another $150 per month for the same service. I'm hoping the WM phones will still squeak through.

Anyone know?
Everything right now is a guess, because i've called cust. service and they are clueless, they will always say you have to upgrade your plan to "everything data" blabla, so we just have to wait til the phone actually comes out and hopefully people in our situations will post results on activating the phone without having to upgrade or lose their discounted plan (sero, radioshack, 3rd party plan, any other grandfathered plan).
Old 02-27-2011, 11:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

thasolution is a n00b

Just to let you know that you will only be able to switch to the WP7 if you can get someone to update your plan to the new employee plan through customer service (third party customer service) which can be an hassle, since your rep is the one that needs to make the changes. You do have to pay the 10 dollar premium data fee as well. I had to do that when I got my EVO. The plan is still the same but it allows for the premium data to be added on. If you don't work for the company then it is harder to get it changed. But i've heard of people getting it done.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

amkfoo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by thasolution View Post
Just to let you know that you will only be able to switch to the WP7 if you can get someone to update your plan to the new employee plan through customer service (third party customer service) which can be an hassle, since your rep is the one that needs to make the changes. You do have to pay the 10 dollar premium data fee as well. I had to do that when I got my EVO. The plan is still the same but it allows for the premium data to be added on. If you don't work for the company then it is harder to get it changed. But i've heard of people getting it done.
Can you please list Sprints or the "third party" customer service number so we can attempt
this? Also, do we just ask for these changes be made? What should we ask of the reps?
Thx

Last edited by amkfoo; 03-01-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

tiny17 is a n00b

We will have to make sure this conversation is still a go when the phone comes out. Because right now I'm on the $30 SERO plan. Now I know that I can upgrade to any phone for $10 a month, and then with their new $10 premium data, that puts me at $50, but if what I'm hearing is right, I will not get charged premium data if I buy the phone outright and just activate it?
Old 03-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny17 View Post
We will have to make sure this conversation is still a go when the phone comes out. Because right now I'm on the $30 SERO plan. Now I know that I can upgrade to any phone for $10 a month, and then with their new $10 premium data, that puts me at $50, but if what I'm hearing is right, I will not get charged premium data if I buy the phone outright and just activate it?
this was actually covered before by that Russ guy from Sprint marketing. Anyone on the Sero Premium does not have to pay for the extra $10/mnth, since they are technically already paying for it. You will only pay the aditional $10 premium if you are using a 4G device
Old 03-07-2011, 12:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

↑crap, didnt notice this device requires premium data addon! totally makes me reconsider getting it
says so right under the price

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro