PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 04:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

themanjsq is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Radioshack employee Plan work on htc 7 pro?

Does anyone know if the radioshack employee plan (3rd party plan) will work on the window phone 7? I currently have a htc touch pro 2.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:49 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Re: Radioshack employee Plan work on htc 7 pro?

my plan is free & clear 3000
Highlights

• Free & Clear 3000
  • Long Distance Included
  • Call Waiting, 3-Way Calling
  • Enhanced Sprint Voicemail
  • Includes Unlimited Text Msgs
  • Includes 3000 Minutes To Use Anytime

Services for ....

Call Forwarding Disabled $0.00

Call Forwarding Disabled

Call Forwarding Disabled

1000 Nights & Weekends-9pm $0.00

1000 Nights & Weekends-9pm

1000 Nights & Weekends-9pm

Sprint Retail EMP PV Ult Pack $0.00

Sprint Retail EMP PV Ult Pack

Sprint Retail EMP PV Ult Pack

Picture Mail $0.00

Picture Mail

Picture Mail

$7.00

Total Equipment Protection

Where would you be without your phone? Out of touch, disconnected and frustrated. You can avoid the inconvenience and aggravation with Total Equipment Protection.

Roaming Minutes $0.00

Roaming Minutes

Roaming Minutes

$0.00

Unl Nights & Weekends - 7PM

Unlimited Nights&Weekends-7pm

Sprint Casual Data $0.00

Sprint Casual Data

Sprint Casual Data

Last edited by themanjsq; 11-28-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:57 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

is there a reason you dont know or dont you work there? call and ask but i dont see why not.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:59 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

i no longer work there, but my plan still works and i am not on contract, just paying monthly... i don't want to change my plan to sprint everything now because i'm only paying $20 lol.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:05 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by themanjsq View Post
i no longer work there, but my plan still works and i am not on contract, just paying monthly... i don't want to change my plan to sprint everything now because i'm only paying $20 lol.
i think it will cause it seems sprint doesnt know your not working there, my 27% work discount works on epic but with you not under contract that may be a issue.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

amkfoo is a n00b

I also have a Touch Pro 2 on a Free & Clear Family plan. I'm pretty much locked in the Touch Pro 2 and having been asking Sprint Store employees if I can upgrade to the HTC 7 Pro and they say it shouldn't be a problem since the F&C plans are compatible with WM devices....however I spoke with Sprints customer service and they told me all new smart phones whether they are operating on Android, RIM, WM or WebOS will have to be on the newer data plans! Hopefully they will allow older legacy plans such as the F&C and SERO to upgrade to newer phones because my TP2 is buggy, sluggish and in need of an update.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

deduce is a n00b

You won't be able to get the upgrade discount since the plan doesn't support it (they fixed the loophole where you use to) but you can access your My Sprint account page and switch the device there. You'll likely be charged the upgrade fee if the phone has never been previously activated. The only problem you might run into is if the HD7 Pro is 4G. I'm not sure if it'll force a plan change or just add on the Premium Data.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:00 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

i think i'm just going to buy the htc 7 pro retail price and just try to swap phones through the website or customer service, if it won't let me, then ill resell the phone lol. i'll post updates when the phone comes out.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

amkfoo is a n00b

If that worked that would be great, but expensive. Before I purchased the Touch Pro 2 I was using an ancient Palm Treo 755p, I was very much looking forward to upgrading to the Palm pre when it came out, but when they restricted Web OS from older legacy plans I was irritated by their decision. When the TP2 came out and I was eligible to upgrade I was ecstatic but I soon realized WM 6.5 had too many bugs and the phone was far underpowered. I hope Sprint allows older users to run newer devices... I mean I've been with Sprint for 9 long years! And there are probably thousands still on older plans like myself. Shouldn't Sprint reward customers who stuck with them through the thick and thin with newer phones?
Old 02-18-2011, 01:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

If I were paying $20 a month and the only way I could get the phone and keep the plan was buying one outright, I would totally do it.
It would pay for itself before the two years is up, vs the next cheapest plan for him.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro