PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > GSM iPhone Development
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [How To] Essential jailbreak/unlock/ssh thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
yeah man that simple.

Let us know how it went.
It gave me" jailbreak failed, retry" Using greenpoison

Lol, im clueless with iOS, do I need to sync with itunes first?
Old 10-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
It gave me" jailbreak failed, retry" Using greenpoison

Lol, im clueless with iOS, do I need to sync with itunes first?

follow the directions, I think you have to put it in DFU mode first.

close iTunes, turn OFF your iPhone.

Now hold the power + Home buttons for exactly 10 seconds, then let go of power, on your computer it should say "iphone in recovery mode" but your screen should be black. If you see an iTunes picture then you're in recovery, not DFU, restart your phone and try again.

In order to bypass iBoot (which is what Apple uses to make sure you don't try to jailbreak or downgrade) you have to be in DFU.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

damn I am all over this place today, from posting about WM6.x and WP7 boot-loaders to talking Android over-underclocking profiles and memory management settings to trying to get people's iPhones jailbroken.

Phones, man, gotta love 'em.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

Quote:
damn I am all over this place today, from posting about WM6.x and WP7 boot-loaders to talking Android over-underclocking profiles and memory management settings to trying to get people's iPhones jailbroken.

Phones, man, gotta love 'em.
HAHAHAHAHA. I want to get a HD2 just to TRIPPLE BOOT hahaha.

Because Android is buggy on TP2. And you cant put WP7 on it to test things out.

Anyhow, JAILBREAK SUCCESSFUL. Thanks buddy

Now to learn how to install Cydia lol
Old 10-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHA. I want to get a HD2 just to TRIPPLE BOOT hahaha.

Because Android is buggy on TP2. And you cant put WP7 on it to test things out.

Anyhow, JAILBREAK SUCCESSFUL. Thanks buddy

Now to learn how to install Cydia lol
restart your phone and blammo, Cydia is there

unless you see a "greenpois0n" app, that will install cydia for you.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member

Quote:
restart your phone and blammo, Cydia is there

unless you see a "greenpois0n" app, that will install cydia for you.
I dont see Cydia nor greenpoison...God i hate iOS lol

Its enough i mastered Windows and now bit by bit Android....i still need this lol
Old 10-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Threadstarter

that's weird, keep looking, one of the two should be there.

Did you restart the phone?
Old 10-13-2010, 02:13 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member

Cant find neither of the two. I only have 1 page, so i dont think it could go anywhere else.

As I was reading about GreenPois0n, it says its for 4.1. Are you sure its for 4.0.2 as well? Because it said jailbreak was successful but cannot see neither Cydia nor any additional apps?

trying limera1n will work you think? although i read it has bugs unlike greenpoison

My dilemma is that I read if upgrade to 4.1, it wont be possible to unlock...

So im lost Orangekid.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Cant find neither of the two. I only have 1 page, so i dont think it could go anywhere else.

As I was reading about GreenPois0n, it says its for 4.1. Are you sure its for 4.0.2 as well? Because it said jailbreak was successful but cannot see neither Cydia nor any additional apps?

trying limera1n will work you think? although i read it has bugs unlike greenpoison

My dilemma is that I read if upgrade to 4.1, it wont be possible to unlock...

So im lost Orangekid.

limera1n's bugs have been fixed as far as I know, it was just buggy when first relased.

Restore and try it out.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:31 AM
Elite PPCGeeks Member

When I want to restore, i cannot restore without upgrading to the newest firmware....what can I do?

I read several blogs that it ONLY applies for 4.1 and not 4.0.2. Are you sure it applies to 4.0.2

PPCGeeks > iPhone > GSM iPhone Development