PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > GSM iPhone Development
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: [How To] Essential jailbreak/unlock/ssh thread!

when you download the IPSW, redsn0w or sn0wbreeze should recognize it as such wherever you save it, try downloading it again and make sure it's got an .IPSW extension
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Sprint

fozmsu is keeping up the good workfozmsu is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
when you download the IPSW, redsn0w or sn0wbreeze should recognize it as such wherever you save it, try downloading it again and make sure it's got an .IPSW extension

I tried redsnow and snowbreeze now. I downloaded the zip file where it says you can get ipsw here from both places for iphone 4(gsm). I extract all files and still can not find ipsw file in there. Either I am not doing something or it's not there. It's driving me nuts.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy SIII

fozmsu is keeping up the good workfozmsu is keeping up the good work

I got this ****er figured out now. It was downloading as a .zip file. I just changed it to .ipsw when I downloaded it and there it was when it was finished. Technology is so damn stupid sometimes.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozmsu View Post
I got this ****er figured out now. It was downloading as a .zip file. I just changed it to .ipsw when I downloaded it and there it was when it was finished. Technology is so damn stupid sometimes.
wow that is crazy, it downloads as an IPSW for me, must be the browser or something funky.

least you got it to work.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Hey Orange, Its me again. I got the new power switch ribbon, installed it fine. I can now use the power button again to enter DFU mode ok. I am still with the same issue as before. Stuck at apple logo even after multiple restores, even on a fresh pc that did not have Itunes previously. Still restores fine and gets stuck spinning at the Apple logo.
I tried downgrading to 3.13 also and using Recboot to kick it out of recovery from error 1015. Any advice would be very appreciated!!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 04-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Hey Orange, Its me again. I got the new power switch ribbon, installed it fine. I can now use the power button again to enter DFU mode ok. I am still with the same issue as before. Stuck at apple logo even after multiple restores, even on a fresh pc that did not have Itunes previously. Still restores fine and gets stuck spinning at the Apple logo.
I tried downgrading to 3.13 also and using Recboot to kick it out of recovery from error 1015. Any advice would be very appreciated!!
restore 3.1.3 stock firmware, then when it gets stuck @ apple thing, put it in DFU, then use redsn0w to jailbreak it, then see if it turns on, you will have to manually download the 3.1.2 IPSW because the 3.1.3 one doesn't work with redsn0w (even though it is on 3.1.3, when it asks you for the IPSW find the 3.1.2) and redsn0w version 0.9.4
Old 04-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
restore 3.1.3 stock firmware, then when it gets stuck @ apple thing, put it in DFU, then use redsn0w to jailbreak it, then see if it turns on, you will have to manually download the 3.1.2 IPSW because the 3.1.3 one doesn't work with redsn0w (even though it is on 3.1.3, when it asks you for the IPSW find the 3.1.2) and redsn0w version 0.9.4
Will try now+report back ty.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:26 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc

Did the Jailbreak, but gets stuck at waiting for reboot? (Pic)
Should I flash the 3.12 ipsw first?
Attached Files
File Type: rar 2011-04-12 12.22.58.rar (1.53 MB, 4 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 04-12-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Did the Jailbreak, but gets stuck at waiting for reboot? (Pic)
Should I flash the 3.12 ipsw first?
no, the jb is for 3.1.3 how long is it stuck that way for?

ok here's the "crazy idea that just might work"

put the phone in a bag, and get all the air out, put the bag in the fridge for 20 minutes (no joke).

Flash 3.1.2 FW on it and let it boot up on it's own.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc

Quote:
no, the jb is for 3.1.3 how long is it stuck that way for?

ok here's the "crazy idea that just might work"

put the phone in a bag, and get all the air out, put the bag in the fridge for 20 minutes (no joke).

Flash 3.1.2 FW on it and let it boot up on it's own.
Lol, ok I will try. So whats your theory? I actually am an Electronics tech myself at a biomedical company in Ct. Do you think a component is overheating, or a connector expanding/retracting? Its in the fridge now at work.

PPCGeeks > iPhone > GSM iPhone Development