PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011, 02:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

jaeskill is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Wireless Windows Phone 7 status updates !

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
OK - you guys asked so I'll say it. I have clients using the EVO 4G. They get "4G" coverage. For them the 4G coverage is significantly better than the 3G. Since I tether, I care about speed. I often tether my phone so I can VPN in to clients systems for support. If it was for just browsing the web on the phone I wouldn't care.

As for developing for 3.8 vs. 4.3" - are you serious? I want to browse the web on my phone, I want to open word, excel and PDF attachments. What "developers" don't know enough to scale? Since the HD7, HD7S and Omnia 7 all have 4.3" screens running WP7 - does that mean those owners will be hosed by "developers" who only planned on 3.6 and 3.8" viewers- I submit anything they develop won't be worth using.

you aren't waiting and enthusiastic about the device why post in this thread? - so in other words - only people who have good things should post - REALLY - are you that afraid of others ideas? I'm enthusiatic about WP7, I'm enthusiastic about Verizon coverage - but since I don't like their WP7 device or the fact they took so long to release it I should just shuffle off. I can't imagine how you react to conversations about politics or religion if you can't handle any view contrary to your own about a small electronic device.

Does any converstation that isn't 100% in alignment with your fanatical beliefs about the Trophy have to be a flame war? It couldn't be you like a 3.8" screen because you have petite hands. And others prefer a 4.3" because I have big hands? So the request is simple - we need Verizon to carry at least two different handsets if they want to cover the needs of those looking for an entry level model and those looking for a deluxe model. Is that unreasonable?

The EVO 4g is an ANDROID phone on the SPRINT network, this is a WP7 thread for VERIZON customers (current and future). Thanks for letting us know that Sprints 4G coverage is better in some areas than its 3G coverage; again that fact is completely irrelevant in a VZW thread. Your complaint about apps not being scaled to 4.3 inch displays (which I have no idea about) is irrelevant on this thread as well

I have average to large sized hands for a man and my TP2 has a small screen in my opinion, it is something I deal with to have a quality world phone with a keyboard. Do you know what I do when I need more space to type on while using the onscreen KB? I rotate my phone 90 degrees, the screen adjusts, and I utilize the landscape mode. Weigh the Pros and Cons like a normal person and make your decision based on that.

Im not going to waste any more time responding, I will just end on this: The title of the forum indicates that this thread is dedicated to status updates concerning the release of WP7 onto the VZW network, not "how do you feel about WP7 specs?" If you have INFORMATION regarding the release of WP7 feel free to post; if the only thing you have are criticisms, anything you say is again, completely irrelevant. We don't care how unhappy you are. Most people on this thread are just happy to support the launch of WP7 on Verizon. The Trophy is NOT an ideal device but it is the only known WP7 option and most people have weighed the pros and cons and are happy with their future purchase... just like your EVO 4G customers. This is NOT a flame war, no matter how relevant your complaints may seem to some, the fact remains that you are complaining to the wrong people.

Last edited by jaeskill; 05-04-2011 at 02:30 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:37 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

ok now lets use this thread like op wants and thats to post updates on vzw getting wp7.

no offense eric on post deletion and used your suggestion on lastpage. ty
Old 05-04-2011, 10:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

HTC Trophy release date rumored to be May 12Motorola DROID X 2, LG Revolution, and HTC Trophy release date rumored to be May 12

Posted: 9 min ago, by Nick T.
Categories: Verizon, Motorola, Windows, LG, HTC, Android
Bookmark
Share this page:

Discuss0

Want to know why we have already highlighted May 12 in our calendars? It is rumored that Verizon is getting ready to launch not one, not two, but three new smartphones on that very day. According to some leaked information coming straight from a Verizon insider, May 12 is allegedly the release date for the Motorola DROID X 2, the LG Revolution, and the HTC Trophy.

With its qHD 4.3-inch display and its snappy 1.2 GHz Tegra 2 processor, we are not expecting to see the DROID X 2 landing anywhere else but on Verzion's top shelves with the rest of the carrier's hottest devices keeping it company. In case you've missed them, feel free to check out the DROID X 2's first press shots, which we wrote about not long ago. On the other hand, the LG Revolution may not pack that much processing power, but it will stand out with its 4G LTE connectivity. You can see our hands-on of the LG Revolution to get a clearer picture as of what the smartphone will look like. Finally, the HTC Trophy will become Verizon's first smart device to run the Windows Phone 7 platform. Yes, we may be living in a world dominated by Android and iOS, but Microsoft's mobile OS does have its fans out there.

Every single one of these three devices has been expected for quite a while and their supposed release dates have been only a matter of speculation so far. We are crossing our fingers that a concrete confirmation from Verizon makes headlines pretty soon, and once it does we will make sure to let you know.

Motorola DROID X 2, LG Revolution, and HTC Trophy release date rumored to be May 12 - Phone Arena
Old 05-04-2011, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom--> HTC Trophy

WMFan85 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I figured it wouldn't be this week becuase the Microsoft discount is still available. I was told they can co-exsist. I'm not too worried anyway because I'll be heading to Mexico until next Tuesday for a vaca. Hopefully when I get back they would have just announced it. That would be a good way to end a vacation!

Edit: CAN'T co-exsist, not can. My bad.

Last edited by WMFan85; 05-04-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:02 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
HTC Trophy release date rumored to be May 12Motorola DROID X 2, LG Revolution, and HTC Trophy release date rumored to be May 12

Posted: 9 min ago, by Nick T.
Categories: Verizon, Motorola, Windows, LG, HTC, Android
Bookmark
Share this page:

Discuss0

Want to know why we have already highlighted May 12 in our calendars? It is rumored that Verizon is getting ready to launch not one, not two, but three new smartphones on that very day. According to some leaked information coming straight from a Verizon insider, May 12 is allegedly the release date for the Motorola DROID X 2, the LG Revolution, and the HTC Trophy.

With its qHD 4.3-inch display and its snappy 1.2 GHz Tegra 2 processor, we are not expecting to see the DROID X 2 landing anywhere else but on Verzion's top shelves with the rest of the carrier's hottest devices keeping it company. In case you've missed them, feel free to check out the DROID X 2's first press shots, which we wrote about not long ago. On the other hand, the LG Revolution may not pack that much processing power, but it will stand out with its 4G LTE connectivity. You can see our hands-on of the LG Revolution to get a clearer picture as of what the smartphone will look like. Finally, the HTC Trophy will become Verizon's first smart device to run the Windows Phone 7 platform. Yes, we may be living in a world dominated by Android and iOS, but Microsoft's mobile OS does have its fans out there.

Every single one of these three devices has been expected for quite a while and their supposed release dates have been only a matter of speculation so far. We are crossing our fingers that a concrete confirmation from Verizon makes headlines pretty soon, and once it does we will make sure to let you know.

Motorola DROID X 2, LG Revolution, and HTC Trophy release date rumored to be May 12 - Phone Arena

Kinda sucks for microsoft that theyd release all 3 of those phones at the same time.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:30 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

eric and brownhornet, stay with op's request and post only "Verizon Wireless Windows Phone 7 status updates !"
Old 05-06-2011, 09:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMFan85 View Post
I figured it wouldn't be this week becuase the Microsoft discount is still available. I was told they can co-exsist. I'm not too worried anyway because I'll be heading to Mexico until next Tuesday for a vaca. Hopefully when I get back they would have just announced it. That would be a good way to end a vacation!

Edit: CAN'T co-exsist, not can. My bad.
I was thinking the same thing. I had to think tho. To take advantage of the MS program, you are agreeing to a 2 year contract before you get the phone. I read that and I was like, WTF ?

There is no way I would sign any contract with a cell provider with out getting a new phone at the time of the contract. I guess if I was a MS employee who jumpped on it back in Jan, I'd be pretty pissed off right now (worse than us just waiting for it).

What the hell, what's another week when you have been waiting forever ????????

PS: Guy/Gals, This thread is for Verizon wireless and them getting Windows Phone 7, Nothing else. Please take all 4G discussions to "Carrier Discussions" unless it's about Windows Phone 7 and Verizon's LTE 4G network.

I've been busy with work for the last few weeks and noticed this thread going WAY off topic. No more Sprint talk here PLEASE !!!

Edit: did someone already get a Verizon HTC Trophy ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufjason View Post
I just received my Trophy, an interesting device. I'm still playing with it but there are some annoyances that may be just part of wp7. My email will not auto load images for instance so I've got all these little boxes that say "download image." I want my email app to be white on black instead of black on white. It burns my eyes out in a dark room. More to follow.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2096755-post7.html

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 05-06-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

yea good luck on the trophy purchase next Thursday. hopefully they won't be sold out when u get urs tho that wouldn't be a bad thing because that would indicate that its selling or that they have limited stock of it.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
yea good luck on the trophy purchase next Thursday. hopefully they won't be sold out when u get urs tho that wouldn't be a bad thing because that would indicate that its selling or that they have limited stock of it.
We'll see, I might not get it day one but, over next weekend. I have a claim still open on my cracked TP2, so I'll try that first to see if they will give me one of those first.

I just wish Verizon still offered 1 year contracts still, I really didn't want to sign a 2 year for a phone with out a keyboard. I was even thinking about attempting to use a Arrive on Verizon just to get a keyboard but, with no SLCD like the Trophy has, not sure I want to.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

the exact screen of the arrive is a gray area some spec sheets say SLCD while others say TFT. the colors and everything on it sure look better than they did on my TP2. at the same time that my also be due to the fact that the TP2 is only able to display 65k colors while the arrive can display millions.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions