PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom--> HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

WMFan85 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Wireless Windows Phone 7 status updates !

I REALLY hope that it comes out tomorrow. I've been wanting to get my hands on one of these phones for quite some time. The Trophy looks like a pretty cool phone too.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/24.760; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

ive pretty much given up all hope on the trophy coming out tomorrow there hasnt even been a official announcement and ive been calling vzw all week and nobody knows anything about the trophy or the offer to microsoft employees who get the trophy...its all bs...

but after all the mix 11 announcements yesterday i kinda wanna wait to get a better phone by the years end since the mango update is gona bring huge changes and skype is coming..should be interesting...unfortunately verizon axed the 1 year upgrades which imo is more bs
Old 04-14-2011, 06:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

jaeskill is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie View Post
The silence is deafening here...anybody taking action on this 15th date? Should we start a pool?
A release tomorrow would be too good to be true... especially after how bittersweet it was watching the new video posted last night about the optimizations expected with the mango update.

My fingers, toes, and other appendages are crossed everyday for news about this damn phone but I would confidently bet $200 on a release date more than a week from tomorrow VZW is just too damn good at disappointing me to warrant any optimism with no official announcement but I hope I am wrong.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache,touch pro,omnia i910,imagio
Carrier: vzw

bonsaicommando is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeskill View Post
A release tomorrow would be too good to be true... especially after how bittersweet it was watching the new video posted last night about the optimizations expected with the mango update.

My fingers, toes, and other appendages are crossed everyday for news about this damn phone but I would confidently bet $200 on a release date more than a week from tomorrow VZW is just too damn good at disappointing me to warrant any optimism with no official announcement but I hope I am wrong.
I couldn't have put it more concisely .....
Old 04-14-2011, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I heard back from Steve Sapp again, here is what I heard:

Quote:
I do have a date that I have heard but our HQ product team is not yet comfortable with disclosing this yet pending a few other technical gates to pass through.
Then in a seperate e-mail he said this:

Quote:
Once the date is known, there will only be a few days to act on the pre-launch offer before it will be torn down as both can't exist at the same time.
So obviously it won't be before May 5th...very disappointing.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:44 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeskill View Post
WP7 could be a big seller if they marketed it correctly. Every commercial or ad mentions XBL like it's a key feature when it's not garnering any interest... if anything it's labeling the phone as a gimmick because I'm not going to buy a phone for XBL; I bought a 360 for that and I'm sure a lot of people have thought this to themselves. People are looking for speed (processing and data), functionality, form factor, etc. nobody gives a f#ck about a gamerscore

I walked into a Sprint store a week ago and the sales rep had never even tried the UI on the Arrive... she asked me to show her how it worked and it was the first time I had ever seen a WP7 device in person. This just proves that the marketing is lackluster because even the people who are selling it dont give a damn about it.

All that is needed is a fresh marketing approach that isn't tailored to niche markets (like gamers) because chances are, they already have a more powerful android in their pocket. If Microsoft came out with a non-HTC looking device that was sexy to look at, had more processing power than it needed (making the device compatible with future updates that may increase the requirements of the CPU/GPU), and made a commercial that wasn't about dating ur buddies ex-girl, it would sell without a doubt.

Maybe when Nokia starts making WP7 devices things will change.

I mean I see what youre getting at.. but even with the tons of money microsoft has put into WP7 the sales are still marginal at best.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Good news! I just got this e-mail from Neal! But who know what their percepion of "soon" is.

Quote:
I will send out the promo email to you.. we will be announcing the phone soon.. when we do, reply to it with your numbers and I will get you in the promo -Neal
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:23 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I mean I see what youre getting at.. but even with the tons of money microsoft has put into WP7 the sales are still marginal at best.
not u again. I'm sure the OP wouldn't appreciate u posting FUD in his thread
Old 04-16-2011, 06:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

What do you guys think of this?;
Is the HTC Trophy coming to Sprint as the HTC Mazaa?
Old 04-16-2011, 10:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMFan85 View Post
Good news! I just got this e-mail from Neal! But who know what their percepion of "soon" is.

we will all be expecting a link to that promo email..-when it comes in ...(thanks in advance)
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions