PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 01:56 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Warez Vs. Tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Is PPCGeeks Selling WmWifiRouter? Can you download it from ppcgeeks?

What is your problem man? You want to go on a crusade against illegal tethering, fine, go for it. I still don't get what the point of this topic is.

You want some other people to get banned? Just say so. You think you were unfairly banned? Just say so.

This topic is useless except for humor value.
schttj, the is the point:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychef
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman
Originally Posted by dannzeman
schettj, the OP states very clearly this thread wasn't started to discuss a moral or legal issue. He has stated several times that he steals a service you are supposed to pay for.

The point of this thread was this: We're not allowed to talk about anything remotely connected to warez because it's stealing software that we are supposed to pay for. So then why are we allowed to talk about ways to steal a service that we are supposed to pay for?

It doesn't matter how we steal the service, whether it comes on your phone or not or whether it works out of the box or not. That doesn't matter. The fact of it is that Sprint wants you to pay for a Phone As Modem plan to use data on a device that isn't your phone. We are getting around paying for that plan by whatever means, which is stealing. The OP thinks we shouldnt be able to talk about stealing service we are supposed to pay for and compared it to the currently enforced rule of not being able to talk about stealing software we are supposed to pay for.
EXACTLY!!!!
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:03 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraith79 View Post
What about the thousands of dollars that these big corp. companies steal from us?????? Do you think that is right? Charging us hundreds of dollars for a phone that cost no more than 100$ to make!Look, tethering is a great feature to have, but, fooling the TCP protocol is their own fault for not making it more secure. With some of the software we have out there, they would have no issue in preventing Ghost Tethering (trust me, I'm a software developer) But, they chose not to, because, their monetary gain with rest of the plans and clients makes up for it!
Yeah, the big companies steal from us. Last I checked we all voluntarily gave them our money in return for a service. There's more to the cost of a device and the plans than just the what it cost to make the device. Besides, this isn't even relevant to the topic.

Quote:
Using your laptop with your tethered phone pulls the same amount of data, as you desktop pc, especially with some of the mobile browsers these day, ie; Opera, Skyfire and the up and coming Fennec (Mozilla Mobile) These allow for full page viewing of sites on your device, the same as your desktop!
No one is disputing that. Sprint only wants us to use the data on our phone, unless you pay for the Phone as Modem plan.

Quote:
I do see some merit in your discussion, but, I also see flaws in it as well! If you can show us, where in the carrier contracts that it is ILLEGAL to tether, plz, show us!
Read the Terms of Service. It may not be illegal but its is breaking the TOS. Sprint wants us to pay for a service. We aren't. That is stealing. The OP feels we shouldn't be able to talk about it because we can't talk about warez because that is stealing too. Do you see the connection? That's the point of this thread.

Quote:
If not, take your weak a$$ shyte elsewhere! 'cause I sure as hell don't want to hear it!
Then don't read the thread.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Threadstarter

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

Quote:
What about the thousands of dollars that these big corp. companies steal from us?????? Do you think that is right? Charging us hundreds of dollars for a phone that cost no more than 100$ to make!Look, tethering is a great feature to have, but, fooling the TCP protocol is their own fault for not making it more secure. With some of the software we have out there, they would have no issue in preventing Ghost Tethering (trust me, I'm a software developer) But, they chose not to, because, their monetary gain with rest of the plans and clients makes up for it!

Using your laptop with your tethered phone pulls the same amount of data, as you desktop pc, especially with some of the mobile browsers these day, ie; Opera, Skyfire and the up and coming Fennec (Mozilla Mobile) These allow for full page viewing of sites on your device, the same as your desktop!

I do see some merit in your discussion, but, I also see flaws in it as well! If you can show us, where in the carrier contracts that it is ILLEGAL to tether, plz, show us!

If not, take your weak a$$ shyte elsewhere! 'cause I sure as hell don't want to hear it!
its no differnet than arguing car manufactures overcharge us for cars, its cost half to make comared to what we pay.. doesnt mean you can steal gas..

and i did show you where it violates TOS, and breaching a cntract is in fact a civil crime, ive you and i have a contract, and you or i break we can goto court and have it settled, why because a law was brken by breaching the contract.. a contract by defintion is a LEGALLY BINDING argree of terms between 2 entities.. so yes breaching a cntract is indeed a crime, not a criminal but civil crime...

and telling me to take me weak blah blah blah, wow, original, your now as bad as me and the other guy, hey coz suspend us all here..especially the 3 of us...ill take another for the time...
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"
Old 02-23-2009, 02:05 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
schttj, the is the point:
Quote:
The OP thinks we shouldnt be able to talk about stealing service we are supposed to pay for and compared it to the currently enforced rule of not being able to talk about stealing software we are supposed to pay for.
And as we replied now 157.99 times

The OP can think whatever he wants. He can create his own forum and be GOD OF THE FORUM.

He's not so here.

This forum complies with the DMCA. The only legal requirement of a US-based private forum is that it must comply with the DMCA.

That's the end of the story. There is nothing else to debate. It's all covered right there.

Anything else has a different purpose, which the OP actually has but won't admit. Or we would have been done about 200 posts ago.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Epic Fail #2

There is no cap on phone data. There is a 5gb cap on data card service.

You would think they would cap phone usage, not data card usage if it was due to people stealing.

Yeah. Anyway, we've already answered this question about 57 times. But as is the fine tradition of the internet, if you don't like the answer, just ignore it!
theres a 5gb cap on any type of data option u can find with sprint
Old 02-23-2009, 02:09 PM
morsus mihi

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychef View Post
nice man, super classy,this is excatly what i recieved my infraction for.. you offer nothing but insults..
I have replied with the EXACT answer many many times and you guys simply ignore it.
RESPOND to the post.

Stop repeating the same thing over and over, and actually discuss the issue you started.

Begin with the DMCA.

End with the DMCA.

And there we are.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:10 PM
morsus mihi

Quote:
theres a 5gb cap on any type of data option u can find with sprint
No, there is no cap on the phone data use at all. None. Please show me where there is a cap for phone data.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

i hate to keep proving you wrong but its just so fun lol linked
here:http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=3033 this took effect July 2008

Sprint is updating its Terms Of Service starting in mid-July and will be capping mobile broadband data usage at 5GB. Previously, Sprint offered truly unlimited mobile broadband. Once the new Terms Of Service go into effect, users who go over the 5GB cap, or a 300MB roaming cap, will be charged extra fees. This will apply to both network cards as well as tethering mobile phones to laptops. AT&T Mobility and Verizon Wireless currently offer 5GB data plans, also.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

that enough proof princess?
Old 02-23-2009, 02:12 PM
morsus mihi

Quote:
i hate to keep proving you wrong but its just so fun lol linked
here:http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=3033 this took effect July 2008

Sprint is updating its Terms Of Service starting in mid-July and will be capping mobile broadband data usage at 5GB. Previously, Sprint offered truly unlimited mobile broadband. Once the new Terms Of Service go into effect, users who go over the 5GB cap, or a 300MB roaming cap, will be charged extra fees. This will apply to both network cards as well as tethering mobile phones to laptops. AT&T Mobility and Verizon Wireless currently offer 5GB data plans, also.
Phonescoop was wrong. Show me the TOS from SPRINT.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions