PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 06:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2-21-11★SharkieROM v4.1.5★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense2021

This seems to be the simplest response i googled regarding that auto A/B query. Copied this from another forum, seemed easier.......

>>Ok this is strange. I was looking on my phone at network settings and
>>saw where you could select from Home only, Automatic A, Automatic B.
>>Now I know when analog was the only thing cell phones used, the wireless
>>cell phone provider had it stored in the phone what setting it was to be
>> on. Now, why do I have that option on my phone? I haven't seen this
>>kind of setting in years. I know Verizon's network is not all digital
>>is that why it's on the phone? Also what happens if I change the
>>setting from Automatic B to Automatic A?
>
> It only has meaning when the phone roams in analog mode AND the
> carrier is NOT in the Preferred Roaming List (PRL).
>
> Most of the time, the PRL tells the phone what carrier to use based
> upon the SIDs (System IDs) that the phone sees in a given location.

When your phone cannot find a system listed in the PRL, you can fall
back to either CDMA digital or analog with the Auto A/[COLOR=#cc9933! important][COLOR=#cc9933! important]Auto[/COLOR][/COLOR] B setting. In
fact, the phone probably first will try to find a CDMA signal. I've done
it. These are the "old" cellular bands (850MHz), and the early CDMA
phones used these bands before PRL's came out, and thus the phones had
to be able to acquire a system without direction from a PRL. Current
phones will still do that when the PRL lookup fails. What you *can't* do
is fall back to a system on the PCS(1900MHz) band, since the "pilot"
signals there are scattered all over the place, and the PRL tells the
phone where to look for them.

Last edited by steveo70; 03-07-2011 at 06:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2--Thunderbolt
Carrier: The Big Red

mcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Sharkie you gotta check out this taskbar!

||Krazy Radd ::: GRadd Monka Taskbar ::: WM6.5.X ::: WVGA|| - xda-developers

It doesn't fully work for cdma yet but I might know someone how can do this for me.

Here are my screenies with it installed.

Last edited by mcluvntheboss; 03-08-2011 at 12:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcluvntheboss View Post
Sharkie you gotta check out this taskbar!

||Krazy Radd ::: GRadd Monka Taskbar ::: WM6.5.X ::: WVGA|| - xda-developers

It doesn't fully work for cdma yet but I might know someone how can do this for me.

Here are my screenies with it installed.

Woah!!

Thats badass!!!

Please Mcluvin, Oh please get this to work with our phone. lmao

Dude this would be perfect for your rom man!!! Plus those added icons you had for the settings tab. Man your next release would be a MONSTER!

Last edited by ModmyPPC; 03-08-2011 at 01:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

slthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sharkie - battery update. No issues or lockups since removing the Verizon Wireless 1% cab. Also, since removing the Nuebattery cab, I am getting better battery life. I am seeing the same longer battery life like last month when not using Neubattery.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

Quote:
It is a pretty kool taskbar. PM me if you want any help with converting that to CDMA...
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

joecaloric is a n00b

Ok here is what appears to be a strange bug: Tonight I tried for the first time to send a photo from the camera shots album with the twitter client and doing so invariably caused SenseUI to reboot. Tried it like 4 times. You might want to see if you can reproduce the bug.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Woah!!

Thats badass!!!

Please Mcluvin, Oh please get this to work with our phone. lmao

Dude this would be perfect for your rom man!!! Plus those added icons you had for the settings tab. Man your next release would be a MONSTER!
Agreed! Those taskbar icons are PERFECT for my ROM. It's almost like they were made for it! Some of them are even oversized just like my start menu icons! Uncanny!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slthomas00 View Post
Sharkie - battery update. No issues or lockups since removing the Verizon Wireless 1% cab. Also, since removing the Nuebattery cab, I am getting better battery life. I am seeing the same longer battery life like last month when not using Neubattery.
Thanks for letting me know. I've removed nueBattery2 from my kitchen. I tried running the generic 1% battery increments cab (since I wouldn't want to put a carrier specific driver in there) and I was unable to charge my phone with my wallcharger. So, I've decided to just leave out all battery mods since the ROMs core battery.dll runs perfect and smooth. I'll leave it up to the user what to install or not in this area. Thanks again for that feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai6908 View Post
It is a pretty kool taskbar. PM me if you want any help with converting that to CDMA...
When he mentioned needing help getting it to work with CDMA, I immediately thought of you! It's funny that you popped in to offer your help! As always, thanks!

@ mcluvntheboss, definitely take ai6908 up on his offer! He knows his s***!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecaloric View Post
Ok here is what appears to be a strange bug: Tonight I tried for the first time to send a photo from the camera shots album with the twitter client and doing so invariably caused SenseUI to reboot. Tried it like 4 times. You might want to see if you can reproduce the bug.
Just tried it and I get the same problem. Thanks for pointing it out. Obviously, I'll be working on it...

Last edited by Sharkie405; 03-09-2011 at 12:39 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:49 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
hope you'll take care of us cdma folks. looks like its just the cdma res dll that need the gsm icons transfered. i seen this awhile ago and tried it out but it never stayed on cause of the signal/network not skinned which make it 10x better. if your feeling down can you check to see if the htc notification enhancement icons are also skinned? hint, did it work?
Old 03-09-2011, 01:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2--Thunderbolt
Carrier: The Big Red

mcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:

Thanks for the offer. Dapbmonkey4u is working on it right now and I told him that you offered to help so if he has any problems one of us might be sending you a PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:56 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Thanks for the offer. Dapbmonkey4u is working on it right now and I told him that you offered to help so if he has any problems one of us might be sending you a PM.
my post above yours...can be pasted on? plz sir also not sure if any1 else noticed but the icons for silent and ringer is only slightly different (in shade) which could be an issue for some that look at a quick glance or dont care to stare at it and figure which it is... just a suggestion to colorize the silent icon for a difference?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development