PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Volume Control - Leave it in or trash it due to the inability to mute on ring.
Keep it 10 40.00%
Trash it 15 60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 09:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP
Carrier: Alltel > VWZ...Hear Me Now?

nelsont509 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM Build 011010 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozmsu View Post
Tried winrar and that gave me the same result. Both 2.5 versions download and open fine. Just not the 2.1. I am at a loss. If anyone knows the answer or can somehow shoot me another download for it, I would be grateful.
Shoot yeah... Same exact thing happened to me, but for the life of me I can't... oh wait, It had the "%" in the download filename, but not sure if that was the problem as I copy and replaced the Custom RUU with a different one. Cust Ruu was there it just didn't launch when clicked on.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozmsu View Post
Tried winrar and that gave me the same result. Both 2.5 versions download and open fine. Just not the 2.1. I am at a loss. If anyone knows the answer or can somehow shoot me another download for it, I would be grateful.

Download this:

RUU.zip

Extract it Copy RUU_signed.nbh into the extract directory and flash. Should work.

Droidrox39
Old 01-22-2010, 11:00 AM
N00b

BabyEater is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BabyEater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
Don't ever use Bluetooth FTP. I'll put it on the list though. Can you use the WiFi Router to connect? Works great once you get it set up.
Sorry, been gone a while.

You need not tunnel into a WiFi Router to connect. In addition to the FTP service I have on my rig at home, I host some files via a BlueTooth FTP. This way, I can use my phone's BT Explorer (or regular File Explorer) and just navigate to BlueTooth Devices and see files on my computer. To connect to a regular FTP, I just use Resco. Seems to work most of the time.

It also works for phones. Like, if a friend's phone is discoverable, I can see his files when I select his device.

Also, just tried it on your 011010 build of MaxDusk and, alas, no workie.

I like the rest of the ROM though. I'll continue to stick this one out.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

gorocket1981 is becoming a great contributor

Quick question... somebody know if ahuskins is still alive??
Just curious because he talked about that a new release is coming soon and since that time, no news and almost no posts from him.
I hope for me that he didn't get a TP2! Since I flash ROMs on my TP, each time I get used to one and I like it, the owner got a TP2 and left everything about the TP behind.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:25 PM
VIP Member

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocket1981 View Post
Just curious because he talked about that a new release is coming soon and since that time, no news and almost no posts from him.
I hope for me that he didn't get a TP2! Since I flash ROMs on my TP, each time I get used to one and I like it, the owner got a TP2 and left everything about the TP behind.

I hear ya the sad thing is the TP2 isn't even all that great of an upgrade. Its basically the same phone with a bigger screen. SKI doesn't release updates that often but when he does they work. People in this thread prefer it that way. He was on last night from what I can gather.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

gorocket1981 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
I hear ya the sad thing is the TP2 isn't even all that great of an upgrade. Its basically the same phone with a bigger screen. SKI doesn't release updates that often but when he does they work. People in this thread prefer it that way. He was on last night from what I can gather.
Yeah... I do not plan to update to a TP2. I am really happy with my device and this great ROM.

I also prefer it the way you said. I prefer less releases but a release that work. I like to flash with new things but it must be usable. ahuskins do a great job on this side.

In fact, I was just curious and that's why I asked.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown

i gotta say i've been reading this hype on SKI / Sense 2.1 so i thought i'd check it out. At this point i can see why there is so much hype & imo its completely tru. i am loving this configuration so far, i've gotten used to 2.5 & all the HTC goodies put in there like the settings & different integrations they are doing in 2.5. Along with the twitter tab being gone, thats really all i'm missing.

this thing seems to be so smooth & fast its a nice change from 2.5. i've added a couple of Kamil's mods to this Sense 2.1 like compact home & compact sense & it really cleans things up a lot.

but honestly without Zone23 making his contributions to this thread with his "show-off" how-to's & screenshots i wouldn't have come back to 2.1. i just wanted to give an official thanks to him & everyone else making this thread so great(ahuskins ofc too those are great posts Zone23.

anyway i'll quit wasting your time, i just wanted to say a few of these things, maybe someone will get something out of it. hehe

awesome work everyone!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:34 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrewdown View Post
i gotta say i've been reading this hype on SKI / Sense 2.1 so i thought i'd check it out. At this point i can see why there is so much hype & imo its completely tru. i am loving this configuration so far, i've gotten used to 2.5 & all the HTC goodies put in there like the settings & different integrations they are doing in 2.5. Along with the twitter tab being gone, thats really all i'm missing.

this thing seems to be so smooth & fast its a nice change from 2.5. i've added a couple of Kamil's mods to this Sense 2.1 like compact home & compact sense & it really cleans things up a lot.

but honestly without Zone23 making his contributions to this thread with his "show-off" how-to's & screenshots i wouldn't have come back to 2.1. i just wanted to give an official thanks to him & everyone else making this thread so great(ahuskins ofc too those are great posts Zone23.

anyway i'll quit wasting your time, i just wanted to say a few of these things, maybe someone will get something out of it. hehe

awesome work everyone!
Thanks that means a lot. I really just like showing what can be done and how to do it. I've seen pictures and wondered "how did he/she do that".

I'm with you on the 2.1 what I liked about 2.5 was the animated weather on the homescreen and I originally thought wouldn't it be easier to just port that over vs. trying to port over an entire system (with no landscape support)? That's really what they've done and it works beautifully. Now the 2.1 has almost all the features of 2.5 plus the landscape on a platform that is designed for our devises (mostly). I would not be suprised if at some point the People tab and the Internet tab get ported as well.

I'm thinking it would be cool if SKI developed a 2.1 ROM and added the cabs in a folder that could easily install these features. If you want a particular feature such as animated weather you could click the shortcut and install it. Kinda like he does with the Sprint cab. The only issue is this duplicates files and uses more space than it would just being cooked in. The advantage would be more user customization. So if you want the 2.5 Email tab or you want the 2.5 calendar the user can install it.

I have not found anything that doesn't work with the 2.1 especially the facebook stuff works perfect including the download of facebook photos and syncing them with exchange server. That by its self is a big plus and something I have not seen work in 2.5.

Truly this is all SKI all I did really was add a little touch here and there. His 2.1 already had the folders in the start menu, and animated weather. I just added the email and the calendar (I think). I also removed a lot of his customizations that he worked so hard on so hopefully he isn't too upset.

Thanks again.

Last edited by zone23; 01-22-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy SIII

fozmsu is keeping up the good workfozmsu is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Download this:

RUU.zip

Extract it Copy RUU_signed.nbh into the extract directory and flash. Should work.

Thanks. That did the trick. =D>
Old 01-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocket1981 View Post
No worries, he's fine And working on some new stuff last I heard.
You also shouldnt worry about his work on the TP. He said he would continue to cook for the TP if/when he upgrades.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
manila 2.5, rom, skirom, wm6.5.3