PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint changing TOS 9/09/11

Admin fee is changing from $.99 a line to $1.50 per line. Once it hits your bill, you can call and end contract with no ETF if you so chose. You have 30 days from notification to cancel.

Edit : It has come to my attention that this new increase will hit a large portion of Sprint's customers, but not all.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley

Last edited by mulhiny; 08-21-2011 at 09:08 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Is that for data lines like for the tab

Sent from my E3D using tapatalk

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 08-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Sprint changing TOS 9/09/11

Very interesting. Thanks for posting.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

what is admin fee? i'll have to check the bill again and look closer :S
Old 08-21-2011, 09:06 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm not sure what exactly the Administrative fee is, but it's on there. I called Sprint personally yesterday and verified that they will not only cancel your contract, but will allow you to stay on month to month. I was advised to that all a customer has to do is call within 30 days of it hitting their bill.

This is what you would reference when calling from the TOS

" If a change we make to the Agreement is material and has a material adverse effect on Services under your Term Commitment, you may terminate each line of Service materially affected without incurring an Early Termination Fee only if you: (a) call us within 30 days after the effective date of the change; and (b) specifically advise us that you wish to cancel Services because of a material change to the Agreement that we have made."

It has come to my attention that this increase in fee will NOT affect all customers. It will certainly affect those of us in NY, I can't say where else. I advise anyone interested to simply call and ask. Sprint offered me no resistance to the question and made it very clear that they are obligated to end my contracts..
Old 08-21-2011, 12:10 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

I asked sprint why the hell they picked a "special day" like 9/11 to screw us but anyhow I was told you need to either drop sprint or move to mnth/mnth by oct. 30 and they got all upset when I said I was leaving after 13yrs over this and said one of my epics was having isdues so they sent me a nib photon next day free. Lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
I asked sprint why the hell they picked a "special day" like 9/11 to screw us but anyhow I was told you need to either drop sprint or move to mnth/mnth by oct. 30 and they got all upset when I said I was leaving after 13yrs over this and said one of my epics was having isdues so they sent me a nib photon next day free. Lol
Seriously? That's awesome! Did they renew the contract?
Old 08-21-2011, 01:35 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
Seriously? That's awesome! Did they renew the contract?
Nope, mnth to mnth.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
Nope, mnth to mnth.
OP, thanks for the info.

Darren, hmmm... maybe I need to call retentions and gripe some more. I too have been with Sprint for over 13 years and the level of service has declined exponentially lately. You've probably seen my recent rants.

Thanks for the info.

David
Old 08-21-2011, 05:22 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
If they're willing to make us month to month, what's to stop us from calling in next day and then cancelling altogether?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion