PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc Evo
Carrier: sprint

mababer2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
bye bye sprint(rant)

after being a customer for i don't know 9 yrs this is how you treat your customers? i took my htc evo to a sprint store due to it constantly rebooting no matter what i do..the guy took the phone completely apart and told me there was water damage...now believe me, i treat this phone like he is one of my kids. if its not on the seat of my car its on the seat of my truck. the only time its outside is walking from my shop to my car and from my car to my house..the indicator on the back of the phone is good but they say the one on the circuit boad showed water damage..and to get it replaced would cost money i dont have..this isnt the first time this has happened at this store. when i called retentions all they wanna do is get me a refurbished black berry or some LG blah blah....sorry sprint i have had enough....
Old 12-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
If you pay insurance, they have to give you the same. It's in the contract. Call again, depends who you talk to
Old 12-16-2010, 06:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

okiedokieiguess is a n00b
Re: bye bye sprint(rant)

lots of time the indicator gets tripped from just moisture not actual water damage. for example if it is in your car and the window is down and it is muggy outside, if you have your phone in the bathroom as you take a shower, if your clothes get wet from rain and then you put your phone in the pocket. Countless things can trip the sensor other than direct water damage.
Have you ever gotten a replacement for your phone before? Or is this the one you bought retail? If it was a replacement the internals are actually refurbished so it is quite possible the internal sensor was tripped before the device was refurbished and just never swapped the sticker. That could be the case if the external one was not yet tripped.
I would recommended bringing it to a different store to see if they can order a replacement, lots of times the store wont even open the phone before ordering a replacement, if that is the case you wont have to worry about the internal sensor and you may get to trick the system.
Best of luck!

Old 12-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Take it to a different store. Your in Houston, there must be at least 100.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

call cs or email them.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Definitely try another store and/or e-mail CS.

|Sprint 'Evo'|
|Follow me on Twitter @LarkNoVoorhies|
Old 12-16-2010, 09:33 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Sprint has the best phones now too...thinking about getting the new EVO
Old 12-16-2010, 09:34 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

This is not really Evo related even though you have the Evo. I am moving it to Off Topic.

If you have the insurance it should be covered.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 12-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Take it to another store man.

The ones in NW Houston kind of suck, there's a store over on buffalo speedway and Richmond that will easily trade it in for a new one, they changed out my Diamond a bunch of times for stupid defects when I was on Sprint,

There are a couple stores on 290 where they will help you out ok, the employees are kind of ignorant about the phones but they will change it out
Old 12-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 3 & Evo 5G

mikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
If you pay insurance, they have to give you the same. It's in the contract. Call again, depends who you talk to
No, they have to give you a phone with "simillar functionality."

Its a good idea to read all of the fine print, including the section that cleary excludes phone that were damaged by nuclear or fission weapons. (no joke, its in there.)

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion