PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Carrier Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   bye bye sprint(rant) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=138479)

mababer2 12-16-2010 06:30 PM

bye bye sprint(rant)

after being a customer for i don't know 9 yrs this is how you treat your customers? i took my htc evo to a sprint store due to it constantly rebooting no matter what i do..the guy took the phone completely apart and told me there was water damage...now believe me, i treat this phone like he is one of my kids. if its not on the seat of my car its on the seat of my truck. the only time its outside is walking from my shop to my car and from my car to my house..the indicator on the back of the phone is good but they say the one on the circuit boad showed water damage..and to get it replaced would cost money i dont have..this isnt the first time this has happened at this store. when i called retentions all they wanna do is get me a refurbished black berry or some LG blah blah....sorry sprint i have had enough....

aman1127 12-16-2010 06:36 PM

If you pay insurance, they have to give you the same. It's in the contract. Call again, depends who you talk to

okiedokieiguess 12-16-2010 06:41 PM

Re: bye bye sprint(rant)

lots of time the indicator gets tripped from just moisture not actual water damage. for example if it is in your car and the window is down and it is muggy outside, if you have your phone in the bathroom as you take a shower, if your clothes get wet from rain and then you put your phone in the pocket. Countless things can trip the sensor other than direct water damage.
Have you ever gotten a replacement for your phone before? Or is this the one you bought retail? If it was a replacement the internals are actually refurbished so it is quite possible the internal sensor was tripped before the device was refurbished and just never swapped the sticker. That could be the case if the external one was not yet tripped.
I would recommended bringing it to a different store to see if they can order a replacement, lots of times the store wont even open the phone before ordering a replacement, if that is the case you wont have to worry about the internal sensor and you may get to trick the system.
Best of luck!

cruise350 12-16-2010 07:18 PM

Take it to a different store. Your in Houston, there must be at least 100.

Dr.8820 12-16-2010 08:16 PM

Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

call cs or email them.

DiamynzNPearlz 12-16-2010 08:58 PM

Definitely try another store and/or e-mail CS.

aman1127 12-16-2010 09:33 PM

Sprint has the best phones now too...thinking about getting the new EVO

NinjaMom 12-16-2010 09:34 PM

This is not really Evo related even though you have the Evo. I am moving it to Off Topic.

If you have the insurance it should be covered.

orangekid 12-17-2010 04:53 PM

Take it to another store man.

The ones in NW Houston kind of suck, there's a store over on buffalo speedway and Richmond that will easily trade it in for a new one, they changed out my Diamond a bunch of times for stupid defects when I was on Sprint,

There are a couple stores on 290 where they will help you out ok, the employees are kind of ignorant about the phones but they will change it out

mikewest 12-17-2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aman1127 (Post 2014904)
If you pay insurance, they have to give you the same. It's in the contract. Call again, depends who you talk to

No, they have to give you a phone with "simillar functionality."

Its a good idea to read all of the fine print, including the section that cleary excludes phone that were damaged by nuclear or fission weapons. (no joke, its in there.)