PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: BB 9860
Carrier: Vodafone

Devil's Advocate is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [12/09/10] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.9.1

Hi,

Awesome tool. Thank you.

I have a BB Torch 9860. When i connect it to my PC it detects the correct PIN but shows an image of a BB Storm 2 which was my earlier phone. Also when I hit Load OS it shows the OS for the Storm 2 instead of the Torch 9860. Please can you help.

Thanks
Old 04-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Blackberry
Carrier: vodafone AUS

halo42 is a n00b
Question Re: [12/09/10] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.9.1

Same thing happening here. DM recognises the OS but not the phone. BBSAK recognises the phone but not the OS. What can I do???

Thanks, Hayley

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisfeles View Post
Hi, first of all, thanks for coming up with this tool. Now I have an issue with your program, it doesn't seem to detect the installed OS. I had some troubles with my phone, BB Curve 8520. So I decided to wipe it, and do a clean install. I backed up the apps, and wiped it clean. I downloaded and installed the apropiate OS from RIM (8520wifiM_PBr5.0.0_rel1728_PL5.2.0.96_A5.0.0.1067 ). And when I tried to load the OS from BBSAK, i get this message "No OS found, Please install a OS for your phone". I don't know what to do, cause its driving me crazy. Blackberry Desktop Manager does give me that OS as installed. What did I do wrong? or what can I do to fix this?
Old 04-21-2012, 02:45 PM
daniel337

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I did a donate. So I also receive an mail with the no-nagscreen-version.

But that is not the correct version, unfortunately. The file has the same size as the one that can be downloaded for free from the BBSAK website. So, the nag screen is alwasys displayed. This is what I did want to avoid, that was the reason for donating before. And I did not have any version of BBSAK installed before.

Did serveral tries, but nothing helps, it must be the wrong version.

I did not hear anything from the author since weeks. Hopefully that it may help via this forum.

???

Daniel
Old 05-01-2012, 03:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: riff-raff
Carrier: ZAIN

vegasss81 is a n00b

first thanks a lot for nice software BBASK second your software is not working OK with latest OS 7.1 but all previous OS are OK can u tell me why is not working ??
Old 05-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel337 View Post
I did a donate. So I also receive an mail with the no-nagscreen-version.

But that is not the correct version, unfortunately. The file has the same size as the one that can be downloaded for free from the BBSAK website. So, the nag screen is alwasys displayed. This is what I did want to avoid, that was the reason for donating before. And I did not have any version of BBSAK installed before.

Did serveral tries, but nothing helps, it must be the wrong version.

I did not hear anything from the author since weeks. Hopefully that it may help via this forum.

???

Daniel
You must uninstall previous version and install what you received in your email. This will not have the "nag screen".

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasss81 View Post
first thanks a lot for nice software BBASK second your software is not working OK with latest OS 7.1 but all previous OS are OK can u tell me why is not working ??
Did you install the latest version v1.9.2?
~Mike

Old 05-01-2012, 04:10 PM
daniel337

Re: [4/09/12] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.9.2

Did exactly so (even on a fresh installed new Windows with no older version ever installed, but this was accidentally), and also - of course - did use the version from the mail. But no chance, it does not work!

Afar from this: the version attached at the mail is exactly the same as the one that can be downloaded from the web site. And yes, it's the actual version. But as I remind, I had the same problem since months ago with older versions, after several trials I gave up.

Somehow this is a little bit disappointing ...
Old 05-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
What exactly is your issue? I assumed it was the no nag issue. There is no difference between the free and donated version except when you close the app on the free version, it throws a "nag screen" asking you to donate.
-Mike

Sent from my SPH-D710 on the PPCGeeks App
Old 05-01-2012, 04:52 PM
daniel337

Aahh, okay, I think I got an awakening!

I always thought thank, inside of BBSAK, this (annoying) donate advertisintg button above the "disconnect connection" should be disappear.
I did not know that a "real" nag screen at closing of the program appears on the not-donating versions. Then everything should be clarified, thank you!

But then it would be a great thing if the author of BBSAK would remove this donate-field inside of the app at a next update for all "full" versions - this would look a little bit more of quality.

Daniel
Old 05-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

No problem at all others have said the same thing and made those suggestions also. We leave the one in the app as incentive to donate more to support continued development and updates. We don't see it as intrusive but may consider in future versions.
-Mike

Sent from my SPH-D710 on the PPCGeeks App
Old 05-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Blackberry 9800
Carrier: Orange

jas0n3x is a n00b

Can I get the updated version without the donation screen? I made a donation, using this e-mail address nemtanu_florin@Live.com. Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry