PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

cody_cummins is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Here is an easier way to sync your contacts from windows to android

Just came across this on the net figured id share it with people that dont already know about it, instead of going through the hassle of uploading your contacts to outlook then exporting them to a csv file and uploading it to your google account here is a way you can do it right on your phone! did it the other day and worked great! This is for the people that dont read the Faq!

http://www.google.com/support/mobile...36&topic=14299

HTC Touch Pro 2 on Boost Mobile

Last edited by cody_cummins; 03-06-2011 at 10:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Here is an easier way to sync your contacts from windows to android

Heh, surprised you didn't find that earlier.

This way, all your contacts stay in sync - across OSes. If you update one in Android, it'll update the next time you sync in WinMo, and visa-versa.

Only way to go in my book .
Old 03-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Works only if you are not syncing with an exchange server already.

I sync email, calendar and tasks with company exchange server.

So can't setup another activesync connection for JUST contacts.

Wish I could but that be the limitation of windows mobile and activesync: only 1 activesync account.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 03-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Works only if you are not syncing with an exchange server already.

I sync email, calendar and tasks with company exchange server.

So can't setup another activesync connection for JUST contacts.

Wish I could but that be the limitation of windows mobile and activesync: only 1 activesync account.
Heh, my company won't let me touch their exchange server because I'm using a WinMo phone... Ironic. They only allow BB's. So I just sync with the one gmail account in WinMo...
Old 03-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My company did the same thing till new CEO came in and requested access for Iphone.... then the flood gates opened up.

Can hit the exchange server with any device that supports Mapi or the likes.

Am waiting for the upgrade to Exchange 2010 to allow the use of FLAGS in the mobile outlook on wm6.5.x.
Its a problem that has been noted by the CEO and VP's and I presented them with proof that its the Exchange server blocking this and not the various mobile platfroms.

So plan is now to upgrade to 2010 Exchange in the next few months. Just wish that upgrade would allow multiple Exchange accounts on Windows Mobile...but that IS a limitation of ActiveSync on WinMobile at this time....WP7 is said to support multi ActiveSync accounts but I can't seem go find someone to confrim this (don't have access to a WP7 device).
Old 03-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
So plan is now to upgrade to 2010 Exchange in the next few months. Just wish that upgrade would allow multiple Exchange accounts on Windows Mobile...but that IS a limitation of ActiveSync on WinMobile at this time....WP7 is said to support multi ActiveSync accounts but I can't seem go find someone to confrim this (don't have access to a WP7 device).
Some of our testers have WP7 devices for... well, testing purposes. I can ask them if you wish .
Old 03-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

I see this getting posted all over the forums like it's a new but obviously it's in just about every xdandroid FAQ. What I don't see is a disclaimer about using it with Microsoft Myphone already syncing. One or the other will work, but not both, and I like to know that at 11 every night MyPhone syncs and tells me right where my phone is. I lost 1 already, and almost a second. Anyway, if done wrong, you can lose all your contacts, so be careful and have a backup .csv file of your contacts incase you miss something.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Some of our testers have WP7 devices for... well, testing purposes. I can ask them if you wish .
Just went over and played with it - and it does appear that you can add as many accounts as you want.

There is a problem tho, these are test handsets without internet access or any sort of plans... We just bought the phones outright to play with on our internal website...
Old 09-21-2011, 08:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Rhodium 400
Carrier: sprint

guruvince is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
I see this getting posted all over the forums like it's a new but obviously it's in just about every xdandroid FAQ. What I don't see is a disclaimer about using it with Microsoft Myphone already syncing. One or the other will work, but not both, and I like to know that at 11 every night MyPhone syncs and tells me right where my phone is. I lost 1 already, and almost a second. Anyway, if done wrong, you can lose all your contacts, so be careful and have a backup .csv file of your contacts incase you miss something.
I am Bumping this because Microsoft killed MyPhone. Boominsvx mentions the possibility of losing all your contacts. I know this is real from experience. Previously I was able to login to my MyPhone account on my computer and restore my contacts and calander events online, then resync using the MyPhone app. Scared the hell out of me the first time! I now need to do a sync using Outlook and Google. I don't know if it is just a matter of disabling MyPhone in its internal menu, or what? Ideally I would love to hear from Boominsvx(if he's still around) or Arrrghhh!, but any experienced advice is welcome. Thanks in advance. -V
Old 09-21-2011, 09:12 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruvince View Post
I am Bumping this because Microsoft killed MyPhone. Boominsvx mentions the possibility of losing all your contacts. I know this is real from experience. Previously I was able to login to my MyPhone account on my computer and restore my contacts and calander events online, then resync using the MyPhone app. Scared the hell out of me the first time! I now need to do a sync using Outlook and Google. I don't know if it is just a matter of disabling MyPhone in its internal menu, or what? Ideally I would love to hear from Boominsvx(if he's still around) or Arrrghhh!, but any experienced advice is welcome. Thanks in advance. -V
Well, I've never used MyPhone. I've always synced my contacts with Google, even before using Android on the phone.

First and foremost I would use PIMBackup and grab all your contacts, just in case anything happens.

Then completely disable MyPhone, whatever is involved in that.

Now, sync your contacts with Google. Hopefully it will "just work", but in case this wipes out all your contacts, restore with PIM and resync with Google. That should fix it... If it doesn't, you'll have to export all the contacts to Google manually - which is a PITA if you don't already have the contacts synced with Outlook or some software where you can export the contacts from.

That's it, I think. Been a while since I've attempted any of this contact mucking. I've been spoiled - since I always synced with Google, switching to Android was a breeze. Now all contacts sync between OSes without any additional fuss .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2