guruvince
N00b

guruvince is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Here is an easier way to sync your contacts from windows to android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
I see this getting posted all over the forums like it's a new but obviously it's in just about every xdandroid FAQ. What I don't see is a disclaimer about using it with Microsoft Myphone already syncing. One or the other will work, but not both, and I like to know that at 11 every night MyPhone syncs and tells me right where my phone is. I lost 1 already, and almost a second. Anyway, if done wrong, you can lose all your contacts, so be careful and have a backup .csv file of your contacts incase you miss something.
I am Bumping this because Microsoft killed MyPhone. Boominsvx mentions the possibility of losing all your contacts. I know this is real from experience. Previously I was able to login to my MyPhone account on my computer and restore my contacts and calander events online, then resync using the MyPhone app. Scared the hell out of me the first time! I now need to do a sync using Outlook and Google. I don't know if it is just a matter of disabling MyPhone in its internal menu, or what? Ideally I would love to hear from Boominsvx(if he's still around) or Arrrghhh!, but any experienced advice is welcome. Thanks in advance. -V