View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 09:12 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Here is an easier way to sync your contacts from windows to android

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruvince View Post
I am Bumping this because Microsoft killed MyPhone. Boominsvx mentions the possibility of losing all your contacts. I know this is real from experience. Previously I was able to login to my MyPhone account on my computer and restore my contacts and calander events online, then resync using the MyPhone app. Scared the hell out of me the first time! I now need to do a sync using Outlook and Google. I don't know if it is just a matter of disabling MyPhone in its internal menu, or what? Ideally I would love to hear from Boominsvx(if he's still around) or Arrrghhh!, but any experienced advice is welcome. Thanks in advance. -V
Well, I've never used MyPhone. I've always synced my contacts with Google, even before using Android on the phone.

First and foremost I would use PIMBackup and grab all your contacts, just in case anything happens.

Then completely disable MyPhone, whatever is involved in that.

Now, sync your contacts with Google. Hopefully it will "just work", but in case this wipes out all your contacts, restore with PIM and resync with Google. That should fix it... If it doesn't, you'll have to export all the contacts to Google manually - which is a PITA if you don't already have the contacts synced with Outlook or some software where you can export the contacts from.

That's it, I think. Been a while since I've attempted any of this contact mucking. I've been spoiled - since I always synced with Google, switching to Android was a breeze. Now all contacts sync between OSes without any additional fuss .
This post has been thanked 1 times.