PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 01:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayestik1 View Post
My gsm rhod S/N starts with HT9... But I think, there is no way to get this number from memory
I'm probably not gonna bother. But we do need some sort of serial number. I'll probably end up generating one from some unique value in hardware. But this will have to wait since its all done on LK. I'm due for a release soon, so we will have to just do with what has been done already.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sykosoft is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
I'm probably not gonna bother. But we do need some sort of serial number. I'll probably end up generating one from some unique value in hardware. But this will have to wait since its all done on LK. I'm due for a release soon, so we will have to just do with what has been done already.
I recommend a hash (perhaps CRC, it's the right length) of something unique such as the IMEI or MAC address of bluetooth or wifi. That way, it's guaranteed to be unique, and is will be preserved across hard resets (the hash will always be the same and can always be regenerated).

Michael
Old 01-09-2012, 06:42 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykosoft View Post
I recommend a hash (perhaps CRC, it's the right length) of something unique such as the IMEI or MAC address of bluetooth or wifi. That way, it's guaranteed to be unique, and is will be preserved across hard resets (the hash will always be the same and can always be regenerated).

Michael
yeah, probably the best way. We can probably use the Mac address from the Wifi, since that i actually get from nand and it cannot be wiped. Good idea on that one.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Yeah, there are some functions that arent being handled 100% correctly i think but this is something i'll have to work with the xdandroid team.

Edit: If you have time, try some changes yourself and report back
GSM folk , when go into no signal area, such as tunnel, phone will auto switch to CDMA network, leave no signal area, still in CDMA network, can not auto switch back to GSM network.
If they set network to (1 = GSM only) in *#*#4636#*#*, can auto switch back to GSM, but when phone reboot, network mode will auto switch to (0 = GSM / WCDMA preferred) which can not auto switch back when leave no signal area.

I guess when phone reboot, auto switch to zero is because of that function in ril.c
Old 01-09-2012, 09:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Treo Pro/Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO/Boost

Starfox is just getting started
Can't you get the serial via ##pst#?

-- Starfox
Old 01-11-2012, 03:49 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Just a little note on the downloads

I made the 12-24 version the new stable. There were over 700+ downloads under a month and very few bug reports so thats good start for a stable setup. I'm going to upload the new one later this week. I couldnt kill as many bugs as i wanted but at least yall can enjoy the 3.5mm fix for the 400/500. I'll post the long fix of changes once i upload.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD100) / HTC HD2
Carrier: Free Mobile

tim91700 is a n00b

thanks for this beautiful ROM
It's possible to fix the microphone for GSM and all RHOD because is the most important
Thanks
Old 01-11-2012, 04:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod100)
Carrier: O2-CZ

milda25 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim91700 View Post
thanks for this beautiful ROM
It's possible to fix the microphone for GSM and all RHOD because is the most important
Thanks
Microphone for GSM was fixed in test acoustic release from 24-12-2011. I think ACL will be merged it in this comming stable release. So, if you install test release from Christmas day, your microphone will be functional.

Edit: I see, release is out now

Last edited by milda25; 01-11-2012 at 04:51 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:40 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by milda25 View Post
Microphone for GSM was fixed in test acoustic release from 24-12-2011. I think ACL will be merged it in this comming stable release. So, if you install test release from Christmas day, your microphone will be functional.

Edit: I see, release is out now
yep, the 12/24 release is a combination of the old 12/21 + acoustic test. The new release will be out later this week.

also anyone having "no sound" or dying sound issue? i'm trying to leave code intact if it works. No need to fix something thats working flawlessly. I do know there was a volume issue, but that i patched up and will be released with the new bundle.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
yep, the 12/24 release is a combination of the old 12/21 + acoustic test. The new release will be out later this week.

also anyone having "no sound" or dying sound issue? i'm trying to leave code intact if it works. No need to fix something thats working flawlessly. I do know there was a volume issue, but that i patched up and will be released with the new bundle.
I was having a no sound issue until I replaced the csv file inside your acoustic test with the one I had been using on windows (the increased volume cab) and it now feels like I have the sound I had while I was on winmo(loud in call volume and loud speakerphone) will try "new" 12-24 this afternoon thanks again ACL

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development