PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 05:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
@[ACL] need help with creating update zip files. I have tried installing "fixes" from nand devices that use CWM and/or amon ra but the zips always fail to install. I know that earlier in the thread you mentioned something about making sure you mount the system. I have tried every which way and can't create or install any working zips other than the ones you have posted. If you can create a simple update zip that has say: format system; format cache; format boot; format data;
Or point me in the right direction id appreciate it.
Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk
Updates do it all and you shouldnt need to mount system. I may have mentioned that incase our script was broken.

Problem using zips from other devices/recovies is they assume their setup and probably check for a specific device. You will need to look into their edify script and modify it to match what we use.

You should adb into the phone during recovery and get the update log. Its inside /tmp somewhere. its really obvious and you cant miss it. Once youhave that you will know the root cause of the issue.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:38 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfox View Post
I think Cricket or MetroPCS uses CDMA. Also, Market probably uses the clientid to "brand" itself.

-- Starfox
Thanks.. i didnt know the branding came from there. No need to have that nonsense then
Old 01-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Updates do it all and you shouldnt need to mount system. I may have mentioned that incase our script was broken.

Problem using zips from other devices/recovies is they assume their setup and probably check for a specific device. You will need to look into their edify script and modify it to match what we use.

You should adb into the phone during recovery and get the update log. Its inside /tmp somewhere. its really obvious and you cant miss it. Once youhave that you will know the root cause of the issue.
I have tried comparing your script and their script already and I get the same errors. Usually the zips I have tried to use are for generic android builds not tied in to any specific device.
Its either failed to install or error cannot temp sideload package not by cpu at the moment but ill look into it thanks!

Old 01-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sera View Post
This one works
VZW.2.37.Radio.zip
Thanks!

Not sure wth happened to my other one... At least I think that other dropbox link was from my post. Perhaps dropbox removed it? I know they don't like certain things being mirrored.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Found solution to opera mini not installing, has to do with not being able to see apn? Fresh install opera mini couldn't install (said no internet connection available or something of the sorts) I did have internet access.u Used the sprint mms apn trick rebooted and opera mini installed, no issues

Old 01-09-2012, 12:35 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

random but related question. Does anyone know if the serial number of the device is displayed anywhere on the phone in winmo? I see the white sticker on the back, but i'm wondering if it's saved somewhere in nand or memory so i can recycle it. On my other sprint rhod the phone info on winmo shows the SN as "N/A".. kinda weird.

In xdandroid, we generate a random number and call it a serial. We can go this route as well, but i much rather just recycle whats in the device already. Also its really interesting that gsm devices seem to have a SN start with HT03 while cdma have 98EM ...
Old 01-09-2012, 12:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod100)
Carrier: O2-CZ

milda25 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
random but related question. Does anyone know if the serial number of the device is displayed anywhere on the phone in winmo? I see the white sticker on the back, but i'm wondering if it's saved somewhere in nand or memory so i can recycle it. On my other sprint rhod the phone info on winmo shows the SN as "N/A".. kinda weird.

In xdandroid, we generate a random number and call it a serial. We can go this route as well, but i much rather just recycle whats in the device already. Also its really interesting that gsm devices seem to have a SN start with HT03 while cdma have 98EM ...
Same as you. In WinMo I always saw only IMEI, never serial.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 Rhod100
Carrier: Orange PL

mayestik1 is a n00b

My gsm rhod S/N starts with HT9... But I think, there is no way to get this number from memory
Old 01-09-2012, 11:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor

function requestRegistrationState() in htcgeneric-ril.c
we didn't initial value of responseStr[0] and responseStr[3], does this incorrect,
I google it:
nv-tegra.nvidia.com Git - android/platform/hardware/ril.git/blob - reference-ril/reference-ril.c
Old 01-09-2012, 11:42 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
function requestRegistrationState() in htcgeneric-ril.c
we didn't initial value of responseStr[0] and responseStr[3], does this incorrect,
I google it:
nv-tegra.nvidia.com Git - android/platform/hardware/ril.git/blob - reference-ril/reference-ril.c
Yeah, there are some functions that arent being handled 100% correctly i think but this is something i'll have to work with the xdandroid team.

Edit: If you have time, try some changes yourself and report back

Last edited by [ACL]; 01-09-2012 at 11:56 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development