PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 09:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckl3b3rry View Post
I installed the Dec 24 release and when I made calls to the phone I wasn't getting audio from the phone mic to phone that I called from, however I called out and the phone audio worked; then from that point forward incoming calls are working correctly also. Just wanted to through that out there in case someone was having the same issue. Of course I have the same no incoming call ringtone issue.
Really? shit i thought i included the ring hack on the libacoustic update. Also the original files are still up, just marked as deprecated so you need to see all downloads if you want to compare.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

detule is keeping up the good workdetule is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Nahh, dont worry about the no ringtone. That's a hack in itself that I implemented. The ringtone fails because as soon as a call comes in, the routing gets sent to the earpiece instead of the speaker.
As far as hacks go, this does wonders for my missing ringer.

Also there's stuff up on gitorious for the mic on incoming calls issue.

Though, I guess differences from gbx0b to omgb might render these ineffectual. Plus it sounds like you are on your way to figuring out more elegant solutions.
Attached Files
File Type: gz ringer.tar.gz (703 Bytes, 11 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by detule; 01-11-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:09 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by detule View Post
As far as hacks go, this does wonders for my missing ringer.

Also there's stuff up on gitorious for the mic on incoming calls issue.

Though, I guess differences from gbx0b to omgb might render these ineffectual. Plus it sounds like you are on your way to figuring out more elegant solutions.
I havent actually solved the issue and havent commited the change either until i get enough feedback from the other guys. We are a few commits behind on AudioHardware.cpp since i'm not sure if we even need them. But its simple. here is what i added.

Code:
--- a/libaudio-wince/AudioHardware.cpp
+++ b/libaudio-wince/AudioHardware.cpp
@@ -1028,6 +1028,12 @@ status_t AudioHardware::doRouting()
             audProcess = (ADRC_ENABLE | EQ_ENABLE | RX_IIR_ENABLE);
         } else {
             LOGI("Routing audio to Handset\n");
+                       if ((mMode == AudioSystem::MODE_NORMAL) && (mCurSndDevice != -1)) {
+                               LOGI("BUG: We are ignoring request to allow ring!!\n");
+                               LOGI("Mode %d out devices %x currentdevice %d)\n", mMode, outputDevices, mCurSndDevice);
+                               mCurSndDevice = sndDevice;
+                               return NO_ERROR;
+                       }
             sndDevice = SND_DEVICE_HANDSET;
         }
     }
On the cdma rhod, this condition exists where the sound is routed to handset right before it swaps to the speaker. Simply bypassing this condition helps it ring.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

huckl3b3rry is a n00b

I had the incoming call/mic issue again tonight. Also, I did try Bluetooth in with my car tonight and I got audio but it started out very soft and quickly ramped up to extremely loud then distorted and crack and then went silent. after a couple of seconds it repeated that pattern.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:35 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckl3b3rry View Post
I had the incoming call/mic issue again tonight. Also, I did try Bluetooth in with my car tonight and I got audio but it started out very soft and quickly ramped up to extremely loud then distorted and crack and then went silent. after a couple of seconds it repeated that pattern.
thanks dood. This is on the 12/24? or the 12/21+acoustic?

I need to hear back from the other regulars to see what if this is a common thing.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod100)
Carrier: O2-CZ

milda25 is a n00b

I found one problem, but I don't know if this is problem with OMGB build or acoustic. If I set silent mode and vibrate only in silent the phone not vibrating during the incoming SMS. Incoming call is OK - vibrating. I'm using OMGB 21/12 + test acoustic.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB

anish88 is just getting started

Quote:

I need to hear back from the other regulars to see what if this is a common thing.
i was using 12/21 + acoustic and this had no incoming sound many times in call.

edit: i have not used 12/24 yet. if you would like me to update, I can. I was just waiting for the new build, because with the acoustic update, 12/21 pretty much did not give me any sound on the handset after the first or second call.

Last edited by anish88; 01-12-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor

When phone in, got many timeout
Quote:
01-12 21:36:47.230 W/AudioTrack( 93): obtainBuffer timed out (is the CPU pegged?) 0x381e8 user=000012c0, server=00000000
This must be reason of in-call ringtone. AudioTrack manager audio play.(frameworks/base/media/libmedia/AudioTrack.cpp)
EDIT:strange, now is normal.

Logs when phone call in

EDIT: Many folk told me, they have electric sound under Android, and they found need to turn off press sound effect under WM.
Attached Files
File Type: txt phonein.txt (3.6 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by muziling; 01-12-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
EDIT: Many folk told me, they have electric sound under Android, and they found need to turn off press sound effect under WM.
Uhhh... What? There's no scrap of WinMo left. So you must be mixing issues...
Old 01-12-2012, 11:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

huckl3b3rry is a n00b

Quote:

It was on the 12/24 build.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development