PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos
Carrier: Sprint

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just found something interesting...whenever I lost the sound I tried adjusting the volume via hardware volume rocker and it displays "in-call volume" as it was in a call. I had just missed a call and didn't get no sound or vibration, tried calling back and still no sound.

Edit: wife said that when she usually calls she hears it ring then you can hear somone pick up, but when I lose the sound on my end it rings on her end then complete silence.

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2012, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB

anish88 is just getting started
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
Just found something interesting...whenever I lost the sound I tried adjusting the volume via hardware volume rocker and it displays "in-call volume" as it was in a call. I had just missed a call and didn't get no sound or vibration, tried calling back and still no sound.

Edit: wife said that when she usually calls she hears it ring then you can hear somone pick up, but when I lose the sound on my end it rings on her end then complete silence.

+1 thats what happened to me before too
Old 01-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

uploaded modified acoustic test with universal csv, dont really think this solves the no sound issues but it amplifies volume all the way around

Edit: the only change from ACL release was I changed the audiopara3.csv from his to mine. ACL I don't know what kinda changes you made or where to make gsm folks mic work, but I don't think it has to do with csv file. Reason I'm saying this is because changing it to a different csv causes same results, I just get louder volume. I don't know just throwing stuff out there...
Attached Files
File Type: zip OMGB_acoustic_test_vzihome.zip (6.62 MB, 1 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by vzihome; 01-12-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

here are my csv's just in case. i had them saved from before
Attached Files
File Type: zip anish88 rhod400 csv's.zip (54.4 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-12-2012, 09:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
Confused...thought you mentioned earlier that there was no gain(or difference) in flashing the 24th build it was a combination of 21st with acoustic patch?

there isnt. just wondering if people having different results regardless ..
Old 01-12-2012, 09:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA (RHOD500)
Carrier: Movilnet (Venezuela)

argenisaz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish88 View Post
no sound period. i couldnt hear anyone, they couldnt hear me, no ringer, no media sound, and no sms alert. this was back when i last gave you logs. since then i switched back to the 12/21 build w/out any update and it has been working fine. ringer has also been working since i switched back.
+1

Same here. 12/21+accoustics was a total disaster. Went back to 12/21 (no upgrades) and sound works ok. RHOD500 here.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
there isnt. just wondering if people having different results regardless ..
Well I've been having intermittent issues with Google's Voice Search/Command feature. I posted a log on pastebin, but evidently it's down. I'm surprised it got pasted at all.... Hopefully this link renders a useful log, I snapped it just after it failed.

http://pastebin.com/zziPa7fT

Basically it just doesn't "hear" me. detule (or was that WisTilt2? someone...) basically forced the mic always on in acoustic. It's a hack, but I guess it works and the negatives are pretty much nil...

I've "fixed" this before by making a phone call, then trying to run the Voice Command again. Boom, works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by argenisaz View Post
+1

Same here. 12/21+accoustics was a total disaster. Went back to 12/21 (no upgrades) and sound works ok. RHOD500 here.
Did you say anything? Post any logs? Nothing?

The new acoustic is the way... it's not going anywhere. If you have problems with it - speak up, or get left behind.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I think that he means he had the same problems that I did when I gave you guys logs and vzihome gave you logs. With the whole incoming call volume always being on and having no sound what so ever, in call, ringer, media, or notifications... all not working until restart.

Arrrghhh... did you have luck with the acoustic work??

Last edited by anish88; 01-13-2012 at 12:29 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA (RHOD500)
Carrier: Movilnet (Venezuela)

argenisaz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Did you say anything? Post any logs? Nothing?

The new acoustic is the way... it's not going anywhere. If you have problems with it - speak up, or get left behind.
Wow, that was harsh, didn't see that one coming.

Sorry for not posting logs, I was out of town and I needed my phone up and running as soon as possible. I don't post frequently but I try to be helpful when I do.

Anyway, I do agree with you, the new acoustic is here to stay and I'm 100% confident that all the wrinkles will be ironed out.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
I'll need to re-examine that patch. But seeing that gsm devices have a micrphone issue, i think camera is last on the list of things to fix.
Does merge this patch in your TODO list.
JB has no time to merge it,
xda-developers - View Single Post - [UPDATED 04/29][DEV - Camera ( camcorder improvement ) ] Camera tests

Or, can you pm me that patch file?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development