PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 10:23 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

...Can we get back to testing OMGB?

Thanks!!

Edit - on that topic, I had a loss of audio again. Incoming message didn't make any sound just vibrated. It turned the speaker on and made that odd noise - like low amounts of feedback, as if the speaker was turned on at full blast, but no input going to it.

Hopefully this log captures the moment of audio failure... I grabbed the log immediately after the failed notification.

Edit2 - crap, even tho I grabbed logs and this time put them to the SD card because pastebin failed last time, it seems like this time it failed because the logs I posted appear to be from HaRET. Oy... GetLogs hasn't failed like this before, or I'm just going nuts...

Edit3 - Well, it certainly does appear to be from HaRET, but it definitely has the classic audio problem at the end of the log. Hum... I swear the date/timestamp matches when I had the problem, and I definitely was running on NAND.
Attached Files
File Type: zip data.zip (139.4 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by arrrghhh; 01-14-2012 at 10:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by argenisaz View Post
Hi folks,

My panel has become unresponsive at times, it doesn't register any touch. It's not permanent. I've rebooted, recalibrated the screen and the condition persists.

I'm attaching logs. I have a RHOD500 running 12/21 without acoustics patch. Waiting eagerly for the next release!

Thanks in advance for your help.
You have some interesting issues. Well i notice that your device is having a touch time sleeping on the last few lines but then it gets cut off. Now, when it becomes unresponsive, is it a complete lock? where you have to physically reset the device? If so, then there was a kernel panic. A panic will lock up the phone and force you to reset. However, the next step is crucial. When the phone comes back up from the reset, you have to "adb shell" into your phone. then type the following.

cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/panic.txt

This will create a panic.txt on your sdcard which you can upload to us here. Panics are usually a result of either SMD bugs or possibly something new.

Also there is a CDMA error on the logs.

"01-14 08:35:34.360 E/CDMA ( 221): Wrong network. Can not return a string." I dont think ive ever seen that. Maybe muzling has seen it since he has explored a lot of other cdma issue. Either way that will require some research.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:30 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
...Can we get back to testing OMGB?

Thanks!!

Edit - on that topic, I had a loss of audio again. Incoming message didn't make any sound just vibrated. It turned the speaker on and made that odd noise - like low amounts of feedback, as if the speaker was turned on at full blast, but no input going to it.

Hopefully this log captures the moment of audio failure... I grabbed the log immediately after the failed notification.

Edit2 - crap, even tho I grabbed logs and this time put them to the SD card because pastebin failed last time, it seems like this time it failed because the logs I posted appear to be from HaRET. Oy... GetLogs hasn't failed like this before, or I'm just going nuts...

Edit3 - Well, it certainly does appear to be from HaRET, but it definitely has the classic audio problem at the end of the log. Hum... I swear the date/timestamp matches when I had the problem, and I definitely was running on NAND.
This is odd. This is the same error i'm having now with the new build. However i have never faced it with the 12/24. Also these are haret logs but maybe those new fixes after 12/24 are breaking more stuff.

Bottomline is that the media manger went ape shit. and start sending these out to the logs.

01-13 18:17:11.793 W/AudioTrack( 83): obtainBuffer timed out (is the CPU pegged?) 0x539b0 user=000012c0, server=00000000

Also, i'm having varied result with different csvs.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:32 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Ping me if you want some help testing/triaging. You know where to find me .
Old 01-15-2012, 12:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Quote:

+1 on this.

If you need help working through CSVs I'm more than happy to play the part of guinea pig via PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB

anish88 is just getting started

Quote:
+1, i would be interested too
Old 01-15-2012, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA (RHOD500)
Carrier: Movilnet (Venezuela)

argenisaz is a n00b

Quote:
You have some interesting issues. Well i notice that your device is having a touch time sleeping on the last few lines but then it gets cut off. Now, when it becomes unresponsive, is it a complete lock? where you have to physically reset the device? If so, then there was a kernel panic. A panic will lock up the phone and force you to reset. However, the next step is crucial. When the phone comes back up from the reset, you have to "adb shell" into your phone. then type the following.

cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/panic.txt

This will create a panic.txt on your sdcard which you can upload to us here. Panics are usually a result of either SMD bugs or possibly something new.

Also there is a CDMA error on the logs.

"01-14 08:35:34.360 E/CDMA ( 221): Wrong network. Can not return a string." I dont think ive ever seen that. Maybe muzling has seen it since he has explored a lot of other cdma issue. Either way that will require some research.
The phone doesn't lock up. I can still navigate all menus using the keyboard. But the screen is unresponsive to touch, or it behaves oddly, for example, if I touch an icon on the homescreen to open an app it instead swipes to another homescreen or it ignores my touch.

I rebooted my phone and ran the adb command you suggested, results are attached.

I'd like to inform that I applied a task29 to my phone and started from scratch with the 12/24 build, the screen problem persists.

Thanks for your help!
Attached Files
File Type: zip panic.txt.zip (19.1 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-15-2012, 08:34 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by argenisaz View Post
The phone doesn't lock up. I can still navigate all menus using the keyboard. But the screen is unresponsive to touch, or it behaves oddly, for example, if I touch an icon on the homescreen to open an app it instead swipes to another homescreen or it ignores my touch.

I rebooted my phone and ran the adb command you suggested, results are attached.

I'd like to inform that I applied a task29 to my phone and started from scratch with the 12/24 build, the screen problem persists.

Thanks for your help!
Try the task29. If there was a dirty install there is a chance that some stuff will be broken. Task29 will guarantee a clean delicious install.

since there is no kernel panic and we really cant tell from the logs, then best way to approach this is to see if there is a sequence that reproduces the issue. The only weird thing about your logs is that the phone cant sleep. It could be either wifi being on, data sync or anything that has a wake lock open. Anyways, keep trying dood.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:37 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
I had to revert back some code to begin from scratch. It's not the same issue as haret so this is going to take some research. I can't release this build without some sort of hack around this. It would set us back so for now i'm just going to continue butchering away.

Edit: I saw that sometimes the missing ringinger has nothing to do with acoustic, but the error below.

"E/RingtoneManager( 202): Failed to open ringtone null"

This unfortunately is deep in android and i'm not sure if it was on the 12/24 builds. But it only happens randomly or mostly early on.

Last edited by [ACL]; 01-15-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA (RHOD500)
Carrier: Movilnet (Venezuela)

argenisaz is a n00b

Quote:
Try the task29. If there was a dirty install there is a chance that some stuff will be broken. Task29 will guarantee a clean delicious install.
Already did my good friend, the panic.txt I sent you is from my install of 12/24 after performing task29.

I'll keep fiddling and reporting back.

thanks for your help!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development