PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: pro2

xjustlove is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
As always, logs are the only way to get things fixed. ACL really needs someone who actually uses GSM on these CDMA devices to troubleshoot/debug with...

What do you mean you 'made a GSM/WCDMA ROM'? This thread is for help with OMGB.
OMGB does not support GSM, so I made a GSM/WCDMA/EVDO ROM, but only phone use, GPRS is unable to connect, I need help.Thanks a lot.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjustlove View Post
OMGB does not support GSM, so I made a GSM/WCDMA/EVDO ROM, but only phone use, GPRS is unable to connect, I need help.Thanks a lot.
so you made a rom but cant support it ? lol..
Old 12-05-2011, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Removed default TP points and pull calibration from winmo. Make sure you calib your panel in Winmo before going nand. Those will be your defaults from now on.
Thank you! I was having problems getting the notification pull-down - it took just the right placement and swipe to get it going. It's working much better now.

I have had some very long delays waking up the panel (10-20 seconds) with the "old" 1.2.3. The back light turns on and the keys light up, but the panel shows nothing and doesn't "respond" to unlock motions. If I continue to swipe unlocks the panel will usually wake up and show the unlock screen, or occasionally it will go back to sleep and the next time I press power it wakes up normally.

If I continue to see them with 12052011 I'll post up some logs.

Just verifying, what you need is:

Code:
dmesg > /sdcard/logs.txt
logcat -b > /sdcard/radio.txt
I know I need to hit Ctrl-C after the logcat, it's just easier to pipe than cut and paste.

Is there anything else that would be helpful?

The only real downside I have found so far is battery life is around 50% of what I had with FRX7.1, but hopefully some of the new panel PM will help that too.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:40 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
Thank you! I was having problems getting the notification pull-down - it took just the right placement and swipe to get it going. It's working much better now.

I have had some very long delays waking up the panel (10-20 seconds) with the "old" 1.2.3. The back light turns on and the keys light up, but the panel shows nothing and doesn't "respond" to unlock motions. If I continue to swipe unlocks the panel will usually wake up and show the unlock screen, or occasionally it will go back to sleep and the next time I press power it wakes up normally.

Code:
dmesg > /sdcard/logs.txt
I know I need to hit Ctrl-C after the logcat, it's just easier to pipe than cut and paste.

The only real downside I have found so far is battery life is around 50% of what I had with FRX7.1, but hopefully some of the new panel PM will help that too.

Are you sure your device is going to sleep ? remember green light means nap time. Orange means awake.

yes your log commands seem fine.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Are you sure your device is going to sleep ? remember green light means nap time. Orange means awake.

yes your log commands seem fine.
Yup, device is sleeping nicely most of the time.

The LED does turn orange when I hit the power button, even though the display only seems to partially wake up. When it's in this half awake state hitting the power button again will not make it go back to sleep.

It also seems to occur sometimes when its on a charger, but the phone isn't sleeping then - correct?
Old 12-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:

Code:
dmesg > /sdcard/logs.txt

I don't know if logs from any old setup is useful at this point.

Please test on the newest stuff, and report back.

Also, FYI for radio logcat it's logcat -b radio. Here's a neat tip too, if you do '-d' in any logcat command it'll stop after it's done.

So
Code:
adb logcat -v time -b radio -d > radio.txt
will dump a radio log wherever you're running that command from. If you're on the phone, remove the adb at the front and put /sdcard/radio.txt at the end.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:05 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Yup, device is sleeping nicely most of the time.

The LED does turn orange when I hit the power button, even though the display only seems to partially wake up. When it's in this half awake state hitting the power button again will not make it go back to sleep.

It also seems to occur sometimes when its on a charger, but the phone isn't sleeping then - correct?
ooo so the plot thickens. yeah the charge will keep the phone up. I wonder if you are just having crazy charger issues.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: rhod500
Carrier: rogers

kylanschilling is a n00b

downloading now will give it a try
Old 12-05-2011, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I don't know if logs from any old setup is useful at this point.

Please test on the newest stuff, and report back.
I am testing the new stuff (12052011) as of when I made that post. I noticed the behavior with the previous release of OMGB 1.2.3 but never managed to catch logs when it happened (not close to a PC with adb).

That's why I wanted to be sure I had the right commands if/when it happens with the new version of 1.2.3 OMGB.

Quote:
Also, FYI for radio logcat it's logcat -b radio. Here's a neat tip too, if you do '-d' in any logcat command it'll stop after it's done.

So
Code:
adb logcat -v time -b radio -d > radio.txt
will dump a radio log wherever you're running that command from. If you're on the phone, remove the adb at the front and put /sdcard/radio.txt at the end.
Excellent info. I'll just put together a batch file to run the two log commands so I don't have to worry about typing them in every time.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
ooo so the plot thickens. yeah the charge will keep the phone up. I wonder if you are just having crazy charger issues.

Possibly, it is an old Blackberry AC charger (from my i8350).

Although I never had issues with FRX7.1, so it would be unique to OMGB if it is the charger.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development