PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 03:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viber View Post
If we need team up us, then on XDA need start thread (for rhod100 testers)and add on top of page instructions (standard) how people must report about his found issues and how they can collect logs and of course they must put logs with his issues. Other post will be ignored and deleted. Also in top of thread can be added basical exercise. Like check mobile settings save radio logs, on-off autobrightness, try to sleep and awake device, seve dmesg logs. Of course with explaining how to get them.
you volunteer to start the thread ?
Old 12-09-2011, 04:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB

anish88 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

i updated the bluetooth issues with logs using adb shell. do you want me to run any other commands, ACL??? i also have the most updated ones attached after i couldnt reconnect to the bluetooth itself
Attached Files
File Type: zip mybluetoothpoopylogs7.zip (20.4 KB, 0 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by anish88; 12-09-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:41 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish88 View Post
i updated the bluetooth issues with logs using adb shell. do you want me to run any other commands, ACL???
no i think your logs will suffice for now. i already notice some nonsense. I'll get my hands on a headset soon.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
no you da man. Cuz i had no idea about this app. haha. Actually i think clockwork mod has the ability to wipe. Hopefully soon it will be our primary recovery and we can do away with the old legacy recovery. I forget that thing is from the good ol froyo days.

are you using this as a daily phone ? Also how is your ts calibration doing since vzihome is having issues and im wondering who else
Yes, it is my daily phone. I'm not what you would call a heavy user.

I have been playing with the releases all the way back to BLAZN, but I finally got fed up with WinMo back in September and moved to FRX7 full time.

FRX7.1 was great, but having to reboot through WinMo always bugged me and from the little bit of playing I did with the GBX0A distro I knew GingerBread was a better match for the TP2 so when OMGB popped up I jumped in to help out.

Touch calibration is OK. It seems a bit "off" near the edges but generally good enough. Would you like me to pull the info off the color bar screen and files like vzi did?
Old 12-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 (Rhod100)
Carrier: MTS

viber is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to viber

Quote:
you volunteer to start the thread ?
I can try but i'm not sure that my experience and english language enaugh for this
Old 12-09-2011, 06:12 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
Yes, it is my daily phone. I'm not what you would call a heavy user.

I have been playing with the releases all the way back to BLAZN, but I finally got fed up with WinMo back in September and moved to FRX7 full time.

FRX7.1 was great, but having to reboot through WinMo always bugged me and from the little bit of playing I did with the GBX0A distro I knew GingerBread was a better match for the TP2 so when OMGB popped up I jumped in to help out.

Touch calibration is OK. It seems a bit "off" near the edges but generally good enough. Would you like me to pull the info off the color bar screen and files like vzi did?
no its fine, most likely what i will do is release a experimental update to apply via recovery to test my fixes. So if you are a daily user you would definitely be able to test it and notice the difference.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

SprintUserHTC is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
OK, I need to completely rescind my statements about OMGB and power management.

I downloaded an app called "Battery Calibration" which deletes the existing battery cal data file and forces the system to recreate it.

Below is a picture of my phone ~ 10 minutes before it finally shut down.

Approximately 38.5 hours run time on a single charge.

ACL - You are DA' MAN!
Thanks for letting us know about this app. After 19 1/2 hours of light use, my battery is at 64%. A huge improvement!
Old 12-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhod 300
Carrier: AT&T

Nighthawk243 is a n00b

For those having issues with the screen calibration, do the following:

1) Open up a command shell (I used the terminal emulator)
2) Change to root (using su)
3) Using your favorite text editor, edit /data/ts-calibration
4) Replace the values with the ones from your favorite ts-calibration. I personally used these values: 833,889,198,885,512,530,835,183,200,179
5) Save the ts-calibration file
6) Reboot the phone.

Once you reboot, cat /data/ts-calibration to make sure the settings took.

The stock settings seem to be close, but just off enough (especially at the edges) to make things difficult.

EDIT: Please make sure to know that this is a temporary fix. It is purely a stopgap measure until the next release.

Last edited by Nighthawk243; 12-11-2011 at 03:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sykosoft is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
no i think your logs will suffice for now. i already notice some nonsense. I'll get my hands on a headset soon.
PM me your address, and I'll pop a spare bluetooth headset I have in the mail to you.

Michael
Old 12-10-2011, 10:56 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk243 View Post
For those having issues with the screen calibration, do the following:

1) Open up a command shell (I used the terminal emulator)
2) Change to root (using su)
3) Using your favorite text editor, edit /data/ts-calibration
4) Replace the values with the ones from your favorite ts-calibration. I personally used these values: 833,889,198,885,512,530,835,183,200,179
5) Save the ts-calibration file
6) Reboot the phone.

Once you reboot, cat /data/ts-calibration to make sure the settings took.

The stock settings seem to be close, but just off enough (especially at the edges) to make things difficult.
you should read a few pages back. We were working on the issue and found the error. Also you should not use someone else's ts calib file since each device has a different set of numbers that only the user will be able to set by calibrating it.

So please, dont do this. People will get into the habit and next release i'll get asked "hey should i still copy my calib file" ...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development