PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 01:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

eurohunter is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

In the second post it says that WEP connection won't work. Is this fixable by using wifiACE, just like in Haret? (I am still using arrghhh's GBX0B )
Old 01-19-2012, 01:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
Two big bombs today.

First I couldn't capture because the phone was (I think) totally dead. It was plugged into a charger overnight, but it appears that something happened during the night to stop the phone from charging and then fully discharge the battery. Unfortunately the only way to get it doing anything again was a battery pull and then leave it on a charger for 20 minutes. battery pull killed last_kmsg for this one.

Second bomb was a total lockup when fully awake. last_kmsg attached, looks like something barfed big time near the end. Hopefully the log helps.
DAMN !!. well looks like my fix didnt fix this. This is an old issue that we repored a while back

Issue 8 - rhodium-nand - MDP failure and kernel panic - Touch pro 2 on NAND - Google Project Hosting

I guess it needs to be re-opened since you managed to get it. Your logs are actually making fun of my fix

Code:
[ 1532.307464] mdp irq already off 4 1

Edit: I opened the issue again. Also your logs show something i thin i missed before "invalid update: 481 801 -481 -801". This is definitely new

Last edited by [ACL]; 01-19-2012 at 01:46 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:54 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurohunter View Post
In the second post it says that WEP connection won't work. Is this fixable by using wifiACE, just like in Haret? (I am still using arrghhh's GBX0B )
Probably, but why use WEP? It's really insecure and if you have ANY choice in the matter, move to WPA2. Do it!!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 02:23 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
Ok started from scratch added "sprint" and "31000"; did not include clientidbase, rebooted=no service...went into wireless setting phone was "reset" to gsm/wcdma preferred... set back to cdma/evdo and automatic, no service till I rebooted. Got service, set apn manually (searching didn't auto populate) tried sending pic...hung on sending. rebooted tried again...success! I guess conclusion don't really need clientid base, one less headache...

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk
Hey vzi.. wanted to update you on this.

So on my Ril logs, this is what info i can get

D/AT ( 81): AT< $HTC_ERIIND: 3,1,1,0,0,0,0,Sprint,1

I'm also on sprint but those numbers dont match what you posted. So can you check your logcat -b radio and see if your matches the above, or the ones you posted before. Thanks dood
Old 01-19-2012, 02:37 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
3) When you notice loss of sound, put the phone near your ear and see if you hear buzzing. I noticed when i was testing that if i lost all sound, the speaker would buzz. Also, if you ADB shell into the phone when this happens and do a logcat i would see some errors which might be helpful.
Sorry, missed this one. Meant to respond .

Every single time I've lost audio it has been in this condition. Buzzing speaker - like it was turned all the way up, but no input going thru it.

Here's some really good HaRET logs on the bug.

The reason I say really good is he said he made a call, was fine. About an hour or so later, made another - no audio. I can see that in his logcat, so perhaps this will capture the failure somewhere inbetween?

Always see this:
Code:
01-17 21:13:07.740 W/AudioTrack( 1298): obtainBuffer timed out (is the CPU pegged?) 0x46dd50 user=000012c0, server=00000000
Old 01-19-2012, 03:42 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Sorry, missed this one. Meant to respond .

Every single time I've lost audio it has been in this condition. Buzzing speaker - like it was turned all the way up, but no input going thru it.

Here's some really good HaRET logs on the bug.

The reason I say really good is he said he made a call, was fine. About an hour or so later, made another - no audio. I can see that in his logcat, so perhaps this will capture the failure somewhere inbetween?

Always see this:
Code:
01-17 21:13:07.740 W/AudioTrack( 1298): obtainBuffer timed out (is the CPU pegged?) 0x46dd50 user=000012c0, server=00000000
This is what i mean about having different results with csvs. Actually im not even sure if its csv related, but it did happen a lot before i did some changes.

THe only way i can really replicate it is just to mess a lot with the sound routing. perhaps it all boils down to bad routing right now.

Also the only way you could recover from the error above is to kill the media and phone pids in shell. At least that works best for me at the time being :-\

Edit: also i think we are no longer sharing code with xdandroid again. So logs may not be as helpful.
Edit2: differences are small, we can probably merge back in with our changes. Need to talk to the brethren.

Last edited by [ACL]; 01-19-2012 at 03:50 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:46 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I uploaded gps update. For those of you who are super stable and just want to crash your phone once in a while, feel free to add it on via recovery.

http://rhodium-nand.googlecode.com/f...gps_update.zip

Dont post logs yet with gps issues. Code is vanilla and i havent even started debugging myself yet.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

imattefinish is a n00b

I can't believe I missed the end key solution in spare parts. I had a couple of force closes early on but after the third time I restarted it settled down and now it runs beautifully and is pretty fast. With only the gallery apps rotation being the only issue I've found with regular use (I don't use gallery much any way). I attached my logs if they help. And thanks to vzihome for his help.
Attached Files
File Type: rar getlogs.rar (9.2 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by imattefinish; 01-19-2012 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Logs did not attach.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB

anish88 is just getting started

new bug started for me yesterday. my mic does not work on incoming calls. so only when a person calls me, they can not here me. but i can hear them. i attached the dmesg.

edit: changed to AudioPara3_utms.csv and it seems that the mic has started to work again on incoming calls.
Attached Files
File Type: zip no mic on incoming call.zip (18.0 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by anish88; 01-19-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

detule is keeping up the good workdetule is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish88 View Post
new bug started for me yesterday. my mic does not work on incoming calls. so only when a person calls me, they can not here me. but i can hear them. i attached the dmesg.
You wouldn't happen to have the device in silent/vibrate when receiving these calls?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development