PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecensor View Post
I'd love to do it ,but they seem to skip some explanations becasue they assume the user will know them. Maybe you can help me with that
Please ask questions about NAND in the NAND thread. You're really derailing this thread...
Old 04-20-2012, 11:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 (RHOD 500)
Carrier: Verizon

janusman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

One question..

I recently flashed an unlocked GSM radio for my Verizon CDMA device to use it on gsm networks.

Would I still be able to run android on top of it??
Old 04-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusman View Post
One question..

I recently flashed an unlocked GSM radio for my Verizon CDMA device to use it on gsm networks.

Would I still be able to run android on top of it??
Yes.......
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:28 AM
N00b

janusman is a n00b

Huh.. I tried and all I was getting was restart to windows.. Let me try again after copying the fresh set of files..
Old 04-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Huh.. I tried and all I was getting was restart to windows.. Let me try again after copying the fresh set of files..
If it's an old SD card make sure you format with HP tool to fat32 first.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/GBX0B via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:15 PM
N00b

janusman is a n00b

I was using the same phone with same SD card and still have the data image too - this was few months ago with FRX7.1 came out..

Was loving it until I bought the SGSII. Now that I gave it to my bro - am back to my good old TP2. Only diff now is - it has been security unlocked and has GSM radio (using tmo)..

I just replaced the files in SD card - deleted the data img - rebooted - it took a couple of tries and its working now.. Oh - I deleted the force_cdma = 1 from the startup..

am getting only Edge from tmo in this phone.. and it has frozen a couple of times now when i opened market.. Have to fool around a bit I guess..
Old 04-23-2012, 12:27 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
I was using the same phone with same SD card and still have the data image too - this was few months ago with FRX7.1 came out..

Was loving it until I bought the SGSII. Now that I gave it to my bro - am back to my good old TP2. Only diff now is - it has been security unlocked and has GSM radio (using tmo)..

I just replaced the files in SD card - deleted the data img - rebooted - it took a couple of tries and its working now.. Oh - I deleted the force_cdma = 1 from the startup..

am getting only Edge from tmo in this phone.. and it has frozen a couple of times now when i opened market.. Have to fool around a bit I guess..
Have you updated the build at all? There's probably been some changes since you last updated.

Plus, there's GBX which is working pretty well. It works with the newest kernels as well, I hear 3.2/3.3 are working quite well .
Old 04-23-2012, 01:28 PM
N00b

janusman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Have you updated the build at all? There's probably been some changes since you last updated.

Plus, there's GBX which is working pretty well. It works with the newest kernels as well, I hear 3.2/3.3 are working quite well .
I just downloaded a fresh copy and it seems to be working. It does take a couple of tries to get the screen back on once its off.

yet to apply the tweaks that I used to have.. Will get to that today after work.

GBX - have to try out.. Will let you know.. Thnx.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

arrrghhh, you are THE man. I'm stuck on SERO plan and have no desire to pay $50/month for a newer Android phone to convert to SERO P plan.

Thanks so much.

Just fired up this build on my Sprint TP2. Going to have to get myself familiar with Android.

-Ed
Old 09-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Airtel

blissyung is a n00b

i finally got this to work on my phone but i have a problem, i have to tap the touch really hard for it to respond. it happens only with the android... anyone help!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development