PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 02:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 (RHOD 500)
Carrier: Verizon

janusman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Bluetooth kinda works. It depends on the headset it seems - some people say it works great, others say it doesn't work at all. I could get my headset to pair, but it wouldn't pass any audio.

1. It happens. I still have SOD's in low service areas, just turn on airplane mode, solved.
2. Our cam code is a complete binary hack, we have 0 source on it. There's rumblings of converting over to some OSS cam code, but that hasn't happened yet.
3. Ok...?
4. Not for me. On extUSB? 3.5mm? Speaker? Are you on vibrate always? Do you have the ringtone setting turned up? Does it play in the earpiece? Keep in mind, there's still a lot of acoustic routing problems still outstanding.
Arrrghhh.. I am not on extUSB. I normally connect to my car stereo with Aux cable - (it works great btb). When I get a call/notification - I never hear them - All of a sudden the music play back will stop and it ll be muted - which is the signal that says something s coming. Nothing that I cannot live with..

And - I have a Verizon version - Wifi works well -without any tweaking or settings change.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

had hotspotting problems a couple months ago, just revisited it to try it out, and reporting that it works without any problems for ipad/laptop you all probably knew this already but still giving a good feedback since rest of time im having problem reports on this thread lol

edit: except now I can't turn if off, well I can but then it freezes phone at the portable hotspot settings window, no buttons work either

Last edited by EyeB; 11-21-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:03 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
had hotspotting problems a couple months ago, just revisited it to try it out, and reporting that it works without any problems for ipad/laptop you all probably knew this already but still giving a good feedback since rest of time im having problem reports on this thread lol

edit: except now I can't turn if off, well I can but then it freezes phone at the portable hotspot settings window, no buttons work either
lol, that's always the problem. It works great... until you try to turn it off.

The third party tethering apps are fine, but don't put up an infrastructure network. ad-hoc only.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work

oh i guess i didnt have to report the problem if you knew about it
and I suppose this was the problem with the hotspotting that was about 15 pages back that i didn't understand lol

I dont know if you handle the development part of android, but in future releases is it possible to include some kind of file browser already installed? I mean it's fine downloading it from market, but sometimes I don't have time to and want to just use old apk on sd card. I know you mentioned something about copying it to a folder and it installs on startup, but can file browser be included nonetheless?

but i am having fun with the siri knock off app, Iris lol, one of reason why i revisited android this weekend

Last edited by EyeB; 11-22-2011 at 01:03 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium
Carrier: TeleNord

teemo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
dont know if this has been reported before, not even sure what to call it

but when I clear data/force stop the bluetooth share (under running apps), I loose the data connection to phone (also the APN is removed at this time as well) But when I reboot android then data works again. Just didnt know if this was previously known since I didn't know what to search for. Not a bluetooth issue but kind of related?
Yeah, I noticed. It disconnects radio for some reason.
Now I just tried to freeze BT sharing (disable permanently) - it cuts radio, but it will be up again after reboot.

Don't think I'll see a big boost by this though, but anything disabled that don't break the phone, is good in my eyes
Old 11-22-2011, 04:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

kind of wondering if the BT is tied into the phone radio... I remeber people talking about it while looking for the FM radio on the cdma tp2 and they decided it wasn't there...

could be part of the problem android has with bluetooth is that it's tied too closely to the radio

Last edited by EyeB; 11-25-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Just noticed that android restarts itself when installing large apps

saw this when I was installing wind-up knight game, not that I expected it to run well, just thought it would install so i could see if it would run or not
kind of wondering if the BT is tied into the phone radio... I remeber people talking about it while looking for the FM radio on the cdma tp2 and they decided it wasn't there...

could be part of the problem android has with bluetooth is that it's tied too closely to the radio

https://market.android.com/details?i...ghtmare&rdot=1

edit: i got the game Inotia 3 to install and play too, but the lag makes it impossible to really play, but it runs lol Just checking out what the phone can do

Last edited by EyeB; 11-25-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

KillerKellerjr is a n00b

Well it looks like the XDandroid project is dead as there are no developers left from sources I have read and heard from. Looks like there may be no more FRX updates or releases beyond what we have already. Arrrghhh can you confirm? Sad day if that news is true but we all knew this day would come. Most of our devices are getting rather old in terms of Cell Phone age.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKellerjr View Post
Well it looks like the XDandroid project is dead as there are no developers left from sources I have read and heard from. Looks like there may be no more FRX updates or releases beyond what we have already. Arrrghhh can you confirm? Sad day if that news is true but we all knew this day would come. Most of our devices are getting rather old in terms of Cell Phone age.
/me checks the logs...

wtf are you talking about? Devs are still chattering, daily.

There probably won't be another FroYo release.

Oy... Now I know how CM feels.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: BOOST

thecensor is a n00b

Hi.

I will be using my TP2 on FRX. I was wondering which is the best ROM to install as far as giving me better battery life and uses less RAM.

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development