PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
Thanks for the info. What issues did the RIL fix for you?
Well I was noticing that calls would drop and the phone would think it would be completely without service - I haven't noticed that crap since updating the RIL... Not sure if it's a fluke or what, but it used to happen quite frequently, and now it doesn't really happen any more.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6700/T8585, Samsung i760, LG VS750
Carrier: T-Mobile, Reachout Wireless

n1nj4Lo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo

My phone with bluetooth still turned off gets the popup error

"Sorry!

Activity Phone (in process com.android.phone) is not responding.

[Force close] [Wait]"

IDK Why all I have installed is Contapps that might interfere with that but nothing else... I never seen Contapps mess with the caller id screen while using other builds.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:10 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Somebody stop me...

wowsers... I hadn't updated anything since 07 full build, just dl'd latest rootfs, zimage & modules... Didn't rebuild data.img, just rebooted 2x.

hmmmm, I can't find anything that doesn't work for me??!! Speaker to earpiece noise transition gone from stock 07, wifi on/off works great, no hangs...

And.... best of all my blue tooth headset works.. like, fully.. buttons & all! Volume up/down, push talk button on my headset & a voice comes into earpiece & tells me to talk, I say "call Sue", it dials the number! Hit the same button & it hangs up phone...

I'm a little mixed up on the button, I hit it once & started playing music... then I noticed I had the music widget on the screen with the song it played... Hit it again, music stopped & Bluetooth voice dialer said "speak now"... held it down & it dialed my last call. :>)) hit again it hung it up. Then background was still in dialer & hit it again, BT Voice dialer came up worked fine. Suppose it reacts to what's on the screen.

Music rocks, forward next song & back both work great, volume, etc... while playing music, I hit the hard OH button on phone & called my voice mail, music paused, heard voicemail fine, pushed button on headset to hangup & music started again... 3.5mm headset in/out works.

Even arrrghhhs favorite game works! :>)) hahaha

Someone give me something that's not suppose to work...
I'm on the stock ril yet... but on Sprint with Verizon's latest 2.37 radio.

Just what is the ril suppose to fix? ..So I can look for a problem I haven't noticed. (calls for me never drop, nor does the service...)

Perhaps your fix arrrghhh wasn't in the ril?? Maybe the radio?? ..dunno

Last edited by teradog; 08-10-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:39 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Just what is the ril suppose to fix? ..So I can look for a problem I haven't noticed. (calls for me never drop, nor does the service...)

Perhaps your fix arrrghhh wasn't in the ril?? Maybe the radio?? ..dunno
Perhaps...

From hyc's commits, it seems like most issues he was patching for older radios. There was a ton of patches that effected really old radios - as in CDMA RAPH's and DIAM's... So not really much for RHOD if you're on a new radio it seems. I did a horrible job of isolating, shame on me... RIL & radio went on at almost the same time .
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo

If anything all this unstableness of running 3rd party app's and FC'S (even on uninstalling SH!T) is pushing me more and more ever so close to WP7.... If I wanted another unSTABLE Windows Mobile I'd use Windows Mobile, not Android and it's FC BS.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker

3rd Force Reboot (No control over it) and I've never seen such a bloody piece of sh!t reboot and force close even on uninstalling applications, I mean Windows Mobile has NEVER done this to me.... Yet android has done it, 3 times now not including how many times on other builds...
Old 08-10-2011, 12:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker

And this d4mned screen time out bs is getting ridiculous, screen shuts off I hit the power button and go to unlock screen and hahaha within a few seconds the screen turns off AGAIN.

Then not to mention having to hit the bloody power button 2 to 3 times (At least in order to get the screen to stay on for a reasonable amount of time)

Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 08-10-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:13 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post
If anything all this unstableness of running 3rd party app's and FC'S (even on uninstalling SH!T) is pushing me more and more ever so close to WP7.... If I wanted another unSTABLE Windows Mobile I'd use Windows Mobile, not Android and it's FC BS.
Quote:
3rd Force Reboot (No control over it) and I've never seen such a bloody piece of sh!t reboot and force close even on uninstalling applications, I mean Windows Mobile has NEVER done this to me.... Yet android has done it, 3 times now not including how many times on other builds...
Quote:
And this d4mned screen time out bs is getting ridiculous, screen shuts off I hit the power button and go to unlock screen and hahaha wtmfh screen turns off AGAIN.

Then not to mention having to hit the bloody power button 2 to 3 times (At least in order to get the screen to stay on for a reasonable amount of time)
No one is forcing you to use this. Use WinMo if you love it that much, seriously.

Don't think these issues are on native Android devices. The vast majority - as in 99.999999999999% of the issues anyone experiences on our port stem from just that fact - it's a port that is incomplete to an ancient device designed to run a completely different OS.

Either show some respect for what's been achieved thus far or just go away. No body wants to hear this drivel about how much you hate Android.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

krewblink is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
The bundle is... a compressed archive. Did you have an issue with the entire archive? I don't see how you can have an issue with just one file inside of the archive.

Thats what i was thinking... but it didnt let me decompress the system.ext2..
heres the error 0x80004005:unspecified error

Maybe its just my computer idk. but the other download link to system.ext2 worked perfectly... Frx07 seems kinda sluggish compared to frx06.. it isnt as smooth, but i love how everything is functional.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:50 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Perhaps...
I did a horrible job of isolating, shame on me... RIL & radio went on at almost the same time .
No worries we all do it... in fact, I just spent hours rebooting trying out different clock speeds, TESTING FRX07 overclocking... running angry birds as a test, trying to DL from market... would never DL?? kept clocking down little by little... (rebooting each time)
Gave up, set back to 716800 (my default forever), still nogo on DL from market.. pulling my hair out

Then I remembered I had installed droidwall per post with highlandsun (HYC).. AARRRRGGGHHH
But, I had given market permission...? So I disabled the firewall entirely, still nogo... rebooted & just tried again... nogo

Still working on it, but thinking it's related to droidwall install... next to uninstall, then to rename my .old orig intrid, zimage & root & reboot, see if it has something todo with my upgrade??!! blast

**Edit** Yep, even with droidwall firewall off before & after a reboot, still wouldn't DL from market! Uninstalled droidwall, seems to be working again

Last edited by teradog; 08-10-2011 at 01:56 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development