PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WM6.5.x PPC Themes

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What are you all using to make 6.5 themes?

I'll put it up in a bit. You do realize though that the top and bottom bars aren't transparent and they'll have the portion of my background permanently "showing" because it's all one image...I'll just post the png's and the cab and thumbnail for hdwalls. The cab will be for a 2.5 manila system though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:46 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesscoggin View Post
I'll put it up in a bit. You do realize though that the top and bottom bars aren't transparent and they'll have the portion of my background permanently "showing" because it's all one image...I'll just post the png's and the cab and thumbnail for hdwalls. The cab will be for a 2.5 manila system though.
ok, i see. how could i use your tb frame on my wallpaper? is that the png you were referring 2? and then use hdwalls to insert my wallpaper? sorry i tried hdwalls yesterday and i have to say i was a bit confused, lot different then what i used to do w/ my vogue! o and yea i'm on 2.5, love it now cant go back
Old 12-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've attached the pngs of the bars that the PC version of Hdwalls can use to include the bars in the cab it creates as the final product.
what you will need to do:
1. open HDwalls on your PC
2. click load in the portrait mode (the default screen that pops up when you launch the program)
3. navigate to the folder you create for your hd walls on your desktop or in your documents. (I create a new folder for each new background so because HDwalls creates png clips for the top and bottom bars, as well as the thumbnail...more on the thumbnail below)
4. select the background you are going to use
5. click on auto crop and resize.
6. press close (at this point it will ask you if you want to set the output directory to the folder you navigated to. Click yes....This is why it's important to create a new folder for each hdwalls wallpaper you create because it stores all of the new files that it's going to create and use for the cab in this folder)
7. click on the "create cab"
8. check the box that says "include portrait wallpaper"
9. set the thumbnail size percent to 100
10. press convert
11. wait for it to convert
12. in your PC's file explorer replace my pngs provided here in the folder that your project resides. it will overwrite the task and softbar pngs that it just created with mine.
13. On the "create cab" menu where you see "folder browser" renavigate to the correct folder with your project in it. (this will refresh the files it will use to create the cab so that my bars are there instead of the ones for your wall paper)
14 press create cab.
15 load the cab and the the thumbnail (which has the default name "mywallpaper-P.jpeg") on your phones sd card in a file on the root named HDwalls
16. the first time you open the hdwalls app on your phone it will ask you to navigate to the folder where all of your hdwalls cabs are located then it will shut down.
17 reopen hdwalls on your phone.
18 select the wallpaper you want to install and press "set wallpaper"
19. it will install and close.
20 soft reset or turn your phone off and back on.
21 everything will be as it should.

one second i need to zip up the pngs I can't attach them here on ppcgeeks:done

good luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg whitestrandswithbars-P.jpg (113.8 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab whitestrandswithbars.cab (574.2 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip taskandsoftbars.zip (54.2 KB, 25 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by wesscoggin; 12-03-2009 at 02:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro; Htc Hero; Palm Pre; EVO!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

masterninja is just getting started

Hi. WESSCOGGIN, thanks for the tutorial. Although, I am having a problem. In my screenshot you'll notice that I can't get the softbar to line up correctly with my wallpaper. I'm doing what you say, but when I go to my scard to load, it's blank. I've been messing with this for a couple of days and just can't seem to get it. Thanks for any help...ROM and version are in my sig. M2.5 build 5.2.23518

-Forever thankful to those responsible-
Old 02-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

I'm not really sure how to help atm. I haven't run a 6.5.3 rom yet. I've been thinking about trying to shake things up a bit though. I'll let you know when I try it.

As for your cab preview screen in HDwalls, you need to place the "wallpaper-P.jpeg" in the same folder on your card as the cab is in. the wallpaper-P is the preivew that hdwalls uses.

If you want to provide me with the jpeg and your task bars I can give it a try and repost it here for you.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro; Htc Hero; Palm Pre; EVO!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

masterninja is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesscoggin View Post
I'm not really sure how to help atm. I haven't run a 6.5.3 rom yet. I've been thinking about trying to shake things up a bit though. I'll let you know when I try it.

As for your cab preview screen in HDwalls, you need to place the "wallpaper-P.jpeg" in the same folder on your card as the cab is in. the wallpaper-P is the preivew that hdwalls uses.

If you want to provide me with the jpeg and your task bars I can give it a try and repost it here for you.
Yeah, that's what I'm doing. Thanks, though. I've tried other wallpapers and it looks as though I can get the upper task bar to line up okay, but it looks like it is resizing the soft bar. Appreciate the help, but in all honesty, I haven't found that "ONE" wallpaper that I want to keep on the phone. So, I won't bother you with the jpegs. I'll just keep looking in on this post from time to time and keep playing around. Hope all goes well.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WM6.5.x PPC Themes