PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SyncToy mobile?

I am looking for a piece of software for Windows Mobile that works just like SyncToy for the desktop. It would allow me to select folders, etc that I could "Syncronize" to an SD Card. I don't care if it's done manually or not.

I've searched Google and can't find anything.

P.S.
ActiveSync is NOT what I'm looking for. I don't want to sync with a PC.

Thanks!
Old 10-07-2009, 12:56 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: SyncToy mobile?

I know it's not what your looking for but something like myphone or mesh would be your best option.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
I know it's not what your looking for but something like myphone or mesh would be your best option.
Those aren't possible options at all. I already use a variety of services, but I need to backup/sync files between device and SD card that do NOT require a reboot like current backup software.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Finally got a search that returned partially what I was looking for on Google. From what I can tell, this is the only software that does this. I still can't find a mobile only solution. I don't want a PC involved at all.

http://www.easy-sync.info

MightSync looks to have been one that did a similar job but hadn't been updated since 2006 and the domain is now dead.

Last edited by zim2323; 10-07-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2323 View Post
I am looking for a piece of software for Windows Mobile that works just like SyncToy for the desktop. It would allow me to select folders, etc that I could "Syncronize" to an SD Card. I don't care if it's done manually or not.

I've searched Google and can't find anything.

P.S.
ActiveSync is NOT what I'm looking for. I don't want to sync with a PC.

Thanks!
With MyPhone, you can sync whatever you have on your memory card. Perhaps there is a way to get it to do what you want manually.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work

Mesh is the best. I use it all the time, I'd say go with that.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nomad_delta is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Existentialism View Post
Mesh is the best. I use it all the time, I'd say go with that.
Last I checked it was closed beta and they stopped giving out invites long ago... has that changed or do you know a way to get a Mesh account?

--nomad_delta
Old 10-07-2009, 05:30 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

yea, I'm glad myphone is finally public, cuz I got into each beta with a different email ;(
Old 10-07-2009, 11:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
With MyPhone, you can sync whatever you have on your memory card. Perhaps there is a way to get it to do what you want manually.
I don't want to backup my SD card, I want to copy from my device TO the SD card. I thought I made that clear??? Online or "ActiveSync" solutions don't work because they expect that you'll be transferring the data "offsite".

I already connect the phone as a drive and sync a backup of the SD card to the computer. I already use MyPhone to sync basic docs, pics, etc to a web server. I already use Nuevasync to keep my phone synced with email, contacts, and calendar.

I need EXACTLY what I said I was looking for and as much as I appreciate the time you have taken to post "something", the effort is pointless because in the end, none of you have answered the post as if you even thoroughly read what it was I stated. I doubt you read this post enough to comprehend that I'm stating you aren't giving me the right answer. LOL

If software like this doesn't exist, that's fine, but you don't have to answer if you don't know. It's ok, really. /sarcasm

I use Sashimi to reload the phone after a hard reset and I use the copy root command to put settings/data files that can't be reg'd back into the properly location on the phone during a reload. (i.e. the data file for SPBQuads or Bejeweled). It's one thing to back them up, it's another to have them in a location that I can post back to the phone with no air time or extra effort.

Last edited by zim2323; 10-07-2009 at 11:52 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2323 View Post
I don't want to backup my SD card, I want to copy from my device TO the SD card. I thought I made that clear??? Online or "ActiveSync" solutions don't work because they expect that you'll be transferring the data "offsite".

I already connect the phone as a drive and sync a backup of the SD card to the computer. I already use MyPhone to sync basic docs, pics, etc to a web server. I already use Nuevasync to keep my phone synced with email, contacts, and calendar.

I need EXACTLY what I said I was looking for and as much as I appreciate the time you have taken to post "something", the effort is pointless because in the end, none of you have answered the post as if you even thoroughly read what it was I stated. I doubt you read this post enough to comprehend that I'm stating you aren't giving me the right answer. LOL

If software like this doesn't exist, that's fine, but you don't have to answer if you don't know. It's ok, really. /sarcasm

I use Sashimi to reload the phone after a hard reset and I use the copy root command to put settings/data files that can't be reg'd back into the properly location on the phone during a reload. (i.e. the data file for SPBQuads or Bejeweled). It's one thing to back them up, it's another to have them in a location that I can post back to the phone with no air time or extra effort.
Doesn't PIM Backup support "Custom Files" now? I don't use it but I think it backs up to the internal storage and I remember seeing the latest version has an option to backup Custom files which I assume would allow you to select those setting and data files to back up. Plus it has a schedule that you can set to back up the files automatically.

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!

Last edited by PMDColeslaw; 10-08-2009 at 08:34 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software