PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SyncToy mobile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDColeslaw View Post
Doesn't PIM Backup support "Custom Files" now? I don't use it but I think it backs up to the internal storage and I remember seeing the latest version has an option to backup Custom files which I assume would allow you to select those setting and data files to back up. Plus it has a schedule that you can set to back up the files automatically.
I don't want a BACKUP...I want straight FILE COPY from device to SD. I'm going to be syncing the folders on device to folders on SD \Sashimi\auto\root\<folders>, so that when I reload a phone, those files are copied back to the proper locations.

ABSOLUTELY NO BACKUP OR ACTIVESYNC SOLUTIONS WILL WORK.

This MUST be a file/folder ONLY copy.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

The software doesn't exist. It's been dead for a while now. Develop your own or find somebody that will. Don't worry though zim, i'll at least thank everybody here that "tried" to help.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini
Carrier: Sprint

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2323 View Post
...I want to copy from my device TO the SD card...
The card installed inside your phone? If so, you never said why a simple drag and drop with a good file browser like GS Finder Plus (or, copy and paste with File Explorer) fails to suit your need. With GSF+, you can set up a screen that shows a RAM folder containing all files you wish to sync, adjacent to a folder on SD card where copies are kept. Once set up, a single drag and drop should do the trick.

GSFinder+ is freeware. More info here:
http://tinyurl.com/62eshh

Hope this helps, MrG
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodtunes View Post
The card installed inside your phone? If so, you never said why a simple drag and drop with a good file browser like GS Finder Plus (or, copy and paste with File Explorer) fails to suit your need. With GSF+, you can set up a screen that shows a RAM folder containing all files you wish to sync, adjacent to a folder on SD card where copies are kept. Once set up, a single drag and drop should do the trick.

GSFinder+ is freeware. More info here:
http://tinyurl.com/62eshh

Hope this helps, MrG
I already explained all this in previous posts SEVERAL time. I'll repeat to the relevance of your post below:

I don't need to find the files, I know where they are. As for why I can't just copy and paste, because there's too many files, and it would take too long. The point is to automate the process of building the phone back to where I was from a hard reset, which I do often.

Last edited by zim2323; 10-08-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
The software doesn't exist. It's been dead for a while now. Develop your own or find somebody that will. Don't worry though zim, i'll at least thank everybody here that "tried" to help.
What has been dead? Do you know something I don't? If there is software, dead or not, I'd like to know. I may still be able to find it.

And why be a ****y *** about clicking thanks. Did YOU find any of the answers helpful? Doubt it, and I didn't either. Just because someone answers doesn't mean it solved the problem. I don't give thanks because someone posted cannonfodder without taking the time to read my problem thoroughly. If you want to be that blatantly ignorant, then go ahead and thank away. While you're at it, thank me for pointing out your incompetance at improperly using the thanks button. *roll eyes*
Old 10-08-2009, 02:28 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

well, if your not worried about true 'sync' you can use the built in backup in sashimi, or write your own script.
mortscript can auto overwrite (the old files on sd card) always, or based on file date/size, or you could have it pop a dialog if there's a conflict.
it sounds like you could just go with the auto overwrite only if the file @ destination is older.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
...I don't need to find the files, I know where they are...there's too many files...
No, no, no, GS Finder is not a search app to FIND files or folders (though it does have that feature too). It's a file explorer with the ability to show your My Device directory in one pane of a split window screen, and your Storage Card in the other pane.

Quote:
...there's too many files...
If you re-organize your files to be copied into a single folder (or few as possible), it would be an easy drag and drop.

Quote:
...automate the process of building the phone back to where I was from a hard reset...
Isn't that what a back-up app is for? Can't blame you though, 'cuz they're expensive. Once you become familiar with GSF+, and rethink your file structure, I'm confident it'll make your recovery from hard reset go quickly. The only question is whether the time spent learning and setting up GSF+ added to time for files to be restructured would be any faster than whatever other way you've been restoring your files. Best of luck!
Old 10-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
well, if your not worried about true 'sync' you can use the built in backup in sashimi, or write your own script.
mortscript can auto overwrite (the old files on sd card) always, or based on file date/size, or you could have it pop a dialog if there's a conflict.
it sounds like you could just go with the auto overwrite only if the file @ destination is older.
Hmm....never thought of that. Let me make sure I understand you right. Right a script that copies the files/folders I want to whenever I want them to? I'm assuming I can copy entire folders. I think once I've got the folders set I want to copy. That would be basically the same thing that a SyncToy would do, and I could do it msyelf. I'm going to have to do some research on Mortscript to figure out what commands do what.

And yes, I would want to overwrite the files on the SD card.

THANKS!!!! I think that will get me by for now. =)
Old 10-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodtunes View Post
No, no, no, GS Finder is not a search app to FIND files or folders (though it does have that feature too). It's a file explorer with the ability to show your My Device directory in one pane of a split window screen, and your Storage Card in the other pane.

If you re-organize your files to be copied into a single folder (or few as possible), it would be an easy drag and drop.

Isn't that what a back-up app is for? Can't blame you though, 'cuz they're expensive. Once you become familiar with GSF+, and rethink your file structure, I'm confident it'll make your recovery from hard reset go quickly. The only question is whether the time spent learning and setting up GSF+ added to time for files to be restructured would be any faster than whatever other way you've been restoring your files. Best of luck!
I want something that will be automatic or that I can run on a daily basis. I don't want to go hunt-and-peck. There are literally 20+ folders and many more files I have to search through and place in as many folders in the Sashimi auto script directory.

That being said, I don't hink you fully understand what Sashimi, or the root copy function of that program do and why I'm looking to do what I am. I think you're trying to offer solutions for something that are completely unrelated in terms of my needs.

Thanks for trying to help!
Old 10-08-2009, 03:12 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Hmm....never thought of that. Let me make sure I understand you right. Right a script that copies the files/folders I want to whenever I want them to? I'm assuming I can copy entire folders. I think once I've got the folders set I want to copy. That would be basically the same thing that a SyncToy would do, and I could do it msyelf. I'm going to have to do some research on Mortscript to figure out what commands do what.

And yes, I would want to overwrite the files on the SD card.

THANKS!!!! I think that will get me by for now. =)
lol, all roads lead to mortscript.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software