PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 01:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: omnia
Carrier: telus

moxycalt is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Iconsoft Phonex

Hey guys ! Just stumble upon a great app, PHONEX ! Some of you may know it but I just wanted to tell you that it's a sweet discovery for me. It as very nice features like, a very efficient slide to answer, a large dialpad, favorites and basicly all of what you need when refering to calls and contacts. I'm putting up a pics, but there are a lot missing because first, can't take the pic of the slide to answer and a have only room for 1.

And here is the link to the site www.iconsoft.com you will want to register!

Have a nice one !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sshot004 (2).jpg (17.8 KB, 148 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by moxycalt; 09-19-2009 at 01:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

bruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuff
Re: Iconsoft Phonex

I have used 1.4.5 of phonex and it was very nice. Just installed 2.0 and I must say it is the best PPC software out there right now, very slick, fast and reliable. Certainly light years better and more reliable than any of the HTC/native dialers and contact managers.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I prefer inesoft phone 4 myself (& I've used both apps quite a bit)

~John
Old 09-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

~John
New phonex kills inesoft.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

andrewjb is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

~John
Are you able to get Inesoft phone to replace the standard dialer when you press the green button?
Old 09-23-2009, 08:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Telstra

rexboy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjb View Post
Are you able to get Inesoft phone to replace the standard dialer when you press the green button?
Inesoft, Phonex, Resco etc all can do this.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Telstra

rexboy is a n00b

Ive gone back and forth so many times as i just cant decide but i feel Phonex is better than Inesoft. Inesoft definitely has more features, no doubt but its no where near as fast, scrolling through contacts is so slow and when using its dialer, its always about 1 number behind me. It was to the point where occasionaly id enter the number again as i thought it didnt register the first time and then it would appear twice.
Phonex is much faster in this regard as well as scrolling speed and in its new version, 2.0 it has addressed alot of its downfalls and now offers a few more features although i believe Inesoft does have more features, its just slower.
Ive switched back to Resco again, i think its a good combo of both of the mentioned. Fast scrolling just like Phonex, SMS threaded integration if you dont have it already, Facebook integration which is cool, call stats and all the rest. I just wish their dialpad was larger, very small text.
Other downfall of Resco is its great for incoming but reverts to the standard WM interface for outgoing

Last edited by rexboy; 09-23-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:39 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexboy View Post
Inesoft, Phonex, Resco etc all can do this.

Are you having to do anything special other than installing the cab to get Inesoft to start by using the green send button. I was looking at this as well. I am running into a wall for some reason.
I don't know if it is a system build issue or not, at the moment. Have not tried on anything exept build numbers 23049 and 23053.

All works fine except that the green send button only opens the stock dialer. Tried finding the mapping in registry with a known good dialer and stock by comparing the registry. But was not successful in finding what I was looking for.

Now PhonEx is what I use and it is really nice.

Thanks for any help guys.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I used PhoneX on my mogul for a while and really liked it over the stock dialer. Even after using some of the custom skins, the mogul dialer was just a bit too cramped for my big fingers. PhoneX solved that for me...especially with the haptic feedback when I press the softkeys.
I recently switched to a Touch Pro and while the dialer was a bit better and "seemed" to look like it may have been based on PhoneX, I ended up upgrading to PhoneX which again made a big difference. Dialing is easier and scrolling through my contacts is better too. I like the favorites feature a lot too. I'm still running the 1.4 trial but will be giving 2.0 a try. At 24.95, it's not too bad a price for a purchase.
Maybe PPCGeeks will add it to their new store....discount maybe too for members? Hmm, sounds like a good idea.
Anyway, if you are interested, yuo can check it out at www.iconsoft.com .

David
Old 10-03-2009, 12:57 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexboy View Post
Other downfall of Resco is its great for incoming but reverts to the standard WM interface for outgoing
Are you using the Resco v2 Contacts? Go into options and select the Resco Dialer as the action to perform when you press the green send key. No more OEM/WM dialer.
When I'm using a non-Manila ROM, I always use this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software