PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2007, 01:37 AM
pgar23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Angry Cannot drag icon to start menu

Ihave the vista theme on my xv6700...although once I created the start menu dock, I cannot drag my Internet Explorer icon from the taskbar to the start menu for some reason...and I suppose I am the first with this problem because I cannot find any solutions out there...TQ
Appreciate the support.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:58 AM
pgar23

Also can anyone tell me how to save the work...? I would hate to have to reset my ppc and lose all this work that I've done so far.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good workAFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Drag and Drop? You mean make a shortuct in file explorer from /Program Files and send it to /Windows/Start Menu ? I've never heard anyone drag and drop on a 700wx unless you have SPB Pocket Plus with the Treo 700wx plug in, but even then its not the same as your talking about. As for saving your work, you'll need a program like Sprite backup, go to http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...kup/index.html and download from Palm. Its an easy to use program, store your backups on an SD, I like to start off with a Master Backup from a fresh, clean hard restore with all my base/fav programs installed, then I have it backup periodically from there incase I add something new I like. Hope this helps.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:09 AM
pgar23

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFAngryWarrior View Post
Drag and Drop? You mean make a shortuct in file explorer from /Program Files and send it to /Windows/Start Menu ? I've never heard anyone drag and drop on a 700wx unless you have SPB Pocket Plus with the Treo 700wx plug in, but even then its not the same as your talking about. As for saving your work, you'll need a program like Sprite backup, go to http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...kup/index.html and download from Palm. Its an easy to use program, store your backups on an SD, I like to start off with a Master Backup from a fresh, clean hard restore with all my base/fav programs installed, then I have it backup periodically from there incase I add something new I like. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info about the sprite backup prog. I will have to try it...as far as the drag and drop part tho...I am talking about running the VISTA THEME, I am not using the regular today screen and start menu...I have my Vista wallpaper skin and a skin start menu...how do I drag and drop my shortcuts to this? Everytime I create a shortcut and try to drag and drop to it, It dissappears after dragging above the taskbar or it will hide behind the start menu when trying to place it on there...I am almost positive I did evry step from the tutorial correct because I had to do it to the Portrait mode on my ppc and I get the same problem there...PLEASE HELP.
Thanks again gang.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:38 PM
pgar23

solved it...I think you must click in the dock and then create the shortcut, button, text, etc. After this you should "lock items" the new icon.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software