PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 02:33 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck
Re: Google Voice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Omni View Post
Curious folks, I see two different dialers:

www.gvdialer.com
&
http://www.brianhama.com/GVoiceDialer.aspx

Has anyone used either of them? If so what was your experience?

Is there any buzz about a native windows mobile Google Voice application coming?

Thanks,
T_O
I use GVDialer and love it. It takes a few extra minutes to call someone (the phone dials out, GVdialer catches it - hangs up and then places the call with your GV number).

Old 08-03-2009, 02:35 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

Has anyone noticed any voice delays while using your GV service? Was on several calls last Thursday and it was noticeably delayed, almost a full second.

Last edited by Rusty Duck; 08-03-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Solange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSolange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSolange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Duck View Post
I use GVDialer and love it. It takes a few extra minutes to call someone (the phone dials out, GVdialer catches it - hangs up and then places the call with your GV number).
I like it too, and noticed that the blackberry version has sms. Will the windows mobile version get it eventually too? Any word on that? thanks

Edit: One thing I noticed that I dont like is that when it does that split second call and end thing, the other person's phone rings once and displays your real number. I can see people getting really annoyed with that.

The calling card cab option avoids that, but I dont like that unless you are calling a number that is in your contacts, you cant use the calling card option. Unless I am missing something..

Last edited by Solange82200; 08-10-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

rolgnav is keeping up the good workrolgnav is keeping up the good work

Hey guys and gals, as we wait for an official google voice application, here's something I put together in two days. I call it gVo, and basically, all it does is call out to google using the calling card method, then it enters your pin, then calls the number you wanted to call. You can choose a contact or just dial any number. I wanted a simple solution because those already mentioned in here seem to be more than what I really needed. They may have this same feature, but like I said, seemed a bit more complicated than I wanted it to be. Which is just plain dial out with google and be able to dial contacts. I might add more features in the future though, like the google voice callback feature, and the internet sms also, if I find time to. Any way it's beta, but should work fine, although I have only really tested it on the Fuze. VGA only for now.

Here is the link to xda where I posted it:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=546336

Test it out and let me know of any bugs or anything in that thread.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software