PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Suggest for Windows Mobile: Official Google Voice App

I just voted for it. I am psyched.... Google Voice could be pretty close to a visual voicemail type solution. The last voicemail I recieved on the service texted me a transcript of the voicemail.... I was surprised. I am originally a Grand Central subscriber, and the best they could do was send a text notifcation of a voicemail.... the transcript is nice. Now if there was an app that could take it to the next level.... it would be great!
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Im simply telling you what I hear from the INSIDE. For most developers going forward WinMo is a dinosaur, Iphone is whats hot, BB is the standard business phone and Android is the future. Im not agreeing or disagreeing with it.
Are you sure that it's WinMo is a dinosaur, or that it's a nightmare for developers in terms of standardization? I would bet its the latter, because WinMo (from the inside or out) is a pretty open a capable platform. Because of the lack of devie standardization it makes it hard to develop it for. Something Android, Iphone, and BB don't have to worry about. (well BB until recently anyway).

No worries, Microsoft is addressing that.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:11 AM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Google made Apple a Googe Voice App... Both AT&T & Apple kicked it out of the app store.

http://www.intomobile.com/2009/07/27...-appstore.html

Gee Google, all that WASTED time on a App that died the day it was available.
Hopefully we get an App on WINDOWS MOBILE now... I'm sure Apple & AT&T just PO'ed a $#!T load of people for that one.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: N/a

Nimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just got my invite... Not sure yet of how I am going to take advantage (in a good way) of the service...
Old 07-28-2009, 01:51 AM
VIP Droid
Threadstarter

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimdock View Post
I just got my invite... Not sure yet of how I am going to take advantage (in a good way) of the service...
Until things get official, here's a start:

OneDialer (the only 3rd party GV app with SMS)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=512865
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: N/a

Nimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks for that Genjinaro!
Old 07-28-2009, 07:58 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

A person who has free incoming calls onedailer is the+googlevoice #= the true unlimited calling plan and as gen said a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME for google making an app only to get rejected like so many good useful apps that comes to the app store..smmfh at that epic fail. Now chop chop google make use an official app but I have a strange feeling imma still be using onedailer

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 07-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

I suggested it. sucks for apple that they didnt get the app. thats why i like winmo lots of apps out there that dont need approval
Old 07-28-2009, 02:03 PM
VIP Droid
Threadstarter

LOL, really I didn't see that coming. Apple prides themselves on having an app for everything on iPhone.

Apple: "Google Voice? Oh no, no.. There's NO app for that...ever"

Last edited by Genjinaro; 07-28-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Suggested and I like the idea of having mms routed to a gmail addy!

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software