PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

bruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: S2U2 v2.00 is Now Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
needs 4mb free! Very nice app, just a battery hog.
Yeah I love this app but cant use it because it literally burns up my phone I use wktask and can almost see the battery meter drop continuously.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

omegax is keeping up the good workomegax is keeping up the good work

has this app effected battery life with all the new features?
Old 06-18-2009, 09:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Well to be fair, it hasn't even been out a full day to get a good bead on battery usage, but for the day so far, I haven't seen much change (if any).

Old 06-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

You guys with battery drain issues must be using some really awful power management settings, because I've never experienced any blatant drain effects due (explicitly) from this software.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

whatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to whatsleft4her

using the standard caller id and not the s2u2 caller id has a bad glitch were the phone doesnt ring or the caller id doesnt work at all. so that is a no go for me on this app i love s2u2 but im gonna stick with pocketshield.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsleft4her View Post
using the standard caller id and not the s2u2 caller id has a bad glitch were the phone doesnt ring or the caller id doesnt work at all. so that is a no go for me on this app i love s2u2 but im gonna stick with pocketshield.
Weird because I have a Sprint Diamond and the opposite happens.
With S2U2 caller id disabled and the stock caller id enabled (As I can't disable it unless one can do it via a value change,) my Diamond works fine.
If I enable S2U2 caller id, I have problems regarding lock ups, unable to answer calls, double caller id, etc.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

Kessler knows their stuffKessler knows their stuffKessler knows their stuffKessler knows their stuffKessler knows their stuffKessler knows their stuff

I love 1.62

The only feature I've been wanting is to show dated tasks in with the appointments. I see you can preview the tasks but that's not what I'm looking for.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (XV6900) dual boot Android
Carrier: Money Grabbin' Verizon

inertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to inertone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
Weird because I have a Sprint Diamond and the opposite happens.
With S2U2 caller id disabled and the stock caller id enabled (As I can't disable it unless one can do it via a value change,) my Diamond works fine.
If I enable S2U2 caller id, I have problems regarding lock ups, unable to answer calls, double caller id, etc.
same here on mmy touch...now i know what the damn problem is, that infernal caller id. I know what the problem is now but im not gona do anything...Hmmm...I thinkk ive lost it...haha
Old 06-19-2009, 12:53 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

SMALL problem:
I downloaded Weather Watcher which worked well as I programmed certain cities.
But the troubles started when I went into the S2U2 Settings menu and went into INFORMATION and changed the Weather Application to Weather Watch and the following occurred:
I did not see any weather icon on my screen when S2U2 was activated and then my Diamond acted all screwed up regarding freezing locking etc.
I soft reset and the same issues persisted.
I removed the battery which was no help.
I set the Weather Application back to none and my phone was still screwed up.
I finally deleted Weather Watcher and my Diamond worked normally.
I don't know what caused the issues but they seem to have started when I activated Weather Watcher in S2U2 Settings which is why I posted the issue here.
Any ideas?

UPDATE:

I just checked and saw that I downloaded Weather Watcher but enabled Weather Panel in S2U2 Settings under Today's Weather Forecast.
So I think that is what screwed things up.I guess it is getting late

Last edited by Biker1; 06-19-2009 at 01:59 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:28 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

lets have people test this and talk about the battery life. i dotn know if i wanna go back to s2u2 cuz pocketshield has give me good results so far

Last edited by psycho_maniac; 06-19-2009 at 01:33 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software