PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 09:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: S2U2 v2.00 is Now Available

The site may be a bit busy, I would say just keep trying to download, I just did as well, so it is there. To all the battery issue people, I would say just give it a shot and see how it is. A_C mentioned he has tested it on his device for about 6 months without issue, but to be fair, our PPCs are a lot like fingerprints in that we all install different apps and tweaks. If it works GREAT, if there is a battery issue, maybe post the device and other apps/tweaks running and someone in here or XDA can suggest a change or confirm it is the device.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just downloaded it.

The issue was that I was getting a white screen when I clicked on the download vga version. I had to flick the screen to get to the manually download prompt.
I'm using the new opera beta.

I gotta say that the xda thread is alittle hard to keep up with regarding troubleshooting as it has over 200 posts and 18,000 hits already
Every time an issue is brought up, another one is around the corner so it makes it difficult to see what the answer is, if any, to the previous issue was.

Last edited by Biker1; 06-19-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
v2.00 takes up 4mb of space compared to 2mb of memory with v1.62.
But with 4gb of storage on the Diamond it is a non issue, at least for me.
My memory patterns are a little weird and I admit, I don't know much about power management. I use Dashwire which keeps data open (I think?), but when I go out and I need the battery to be yoptimal, I close Dashwire.

My memory tab shows this, with Dashwire running in the background using 2031K:

Old 06-19-2009, 10:34 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ISSUE:
I have S2U2 password lock set to 4 hours but it activates every time I soft reset or remove the battery.
I have the Diamond password set to start up.
I removed the Diamond lock and still have the same issue.
This version seems alittle buggy.
I may go back to v1.62 as it was working nicely regarding password lock and other things.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:43 AM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
I gotta say that the xda thread is alittle hard to keep up with regarding troubleshooting as it has over 200 posts and 18,000 hits already
Every time an issue is brought up, another one is around the corner so it makes it difficult to see what the answer is, if any, to the previous issue was.
A_C's threads always garner a lot of attention, but if you feel more comfortable here, there are a lot of us (me included) that keep up on the XDA threads as best we can, and would be more than happy to help out here if able!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devileyezz View Post
My memory patterns are a little weird and I admit, I don't know much about power management. I use Dashwire which keeps data open (I think?), but when I go out and I need the battery to be yoptimal, I close Dashwire.

Dashwire used to kill my old device, I haven't had the time/nerve to try it out on my Omnia yet. That is pretty good Program memory. Here is mine with S2U2 loaded + running:

Storage: Program:
Total: 133.42MB 97.11MB
In Use: 80.94MB 50.20MB
Free: 52.48MB 46.91MB

(I also haven't relocated iGo8 to my storage yet, so a big chunk of memory in storage is used on that!!)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:45 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
ISSUE:
I have S2U2 password lock set to 4 hours but it activates every time I soft reset or remove the battery.
I have the Diamond password set to start up.
I removed the Diamond lock and still have the same issue.
This version seems alittle buggy.
I may go back to v1.62 as it was working nicely regarding password lock and other things.
Is that the only time it pops up without waiting the 4 hours? Mine does that occasionally, but only after everything is all loaded and S2U2 acticates the first time, not immediately after reset.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:39 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Thanks for your offer to help out regarding the xda thread
As for the locking issue on reset, it happened every time. I have read that others also had this issue on soft reset.
I decided to download v1.62 as I had it running smoothly.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Dashwire used to kill my old device, I haven't had the time/nerve to try it out on my Omnia yet. That is pretty good Program memory. Here is mine with S2U2 loaded + running:

Storage: Program:
Total: 133.42MB 97.11MB
In Use: 80.94MB 50.20MB
Free: 52.48MB 46.91MB

(I also haven't relocated iGo8 to my storage yet, so a big chunk of memory in storage is used on that!!)
I use it primarily to send text messages through it's website. If there's an alternative with better battery, I wouldn't be adverse to checking it out.

Also, what's the difference between storage/program memory?
Old 06-19-2009, 12:18 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I downloaded v1.62 and continued to have the same locking and freezing issues.
I deleted S2U2 completely and
it took since my last post to get my Diamond back to normal.
I am confused as to what is happening to say the least but
I will download v1.62 again.

UPDATE:
So far, so good.

Last edited by Biker1; 06-19-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:27 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Thanks for your offer to help out regarding the xda thread
As for the locking issue on reset, it happened every time. I have read that others also had this issue on soft reset.
I decided to download v1.62 as I had it running smoothly.
I just got off the XDA thread, and apparently this is standard behavior (the password lock thing) after a reset now, by design.

Originally Posted by dannyng
Hi A_C,
BTW, I have small minor issue where everytime after soft reset/reboot, S2U2 auto lock (enable). How do I disable it? I try disable/off " Boot up delay" but it still enable s2u2 everytime reboot.

Note: Thanks a lot A_C, u make Window Mobile lock screen as good as Iphone (or even better). Now download V2.01 to try out.

Cheers....

A_C's answer:
If password is enabled, S2U2 will lock the device after soft-reset. No matter how long the password timeout is set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devileyezz View Post
I use it primarily to send text messages through it's website. If there's an alternative with better battery, I wouldn't be adverse to checking it out.

Also, what's the difference between storage/program memory?
Storage is just what it indicates, it is the memory you have available to store apps, data, files, contacts....whatever you want on your device, Program memory is the part set aside by your device to run the OS/apps from. You will see that the more apps you have running at once, the lower MB you have left. When the MB level in that part gets too low, that is when you see your apps starting to close automatically!!

I know what you mean about using DashWire for texting on the PC, I did as well (and may again, I'll see) there is another out there I haven't used in a bit that I think was better on battery: https://beta.flexilis.com/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software