PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

quiqnezz is keeping up the good workquiqnezz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Facebook App from MS

Although this is a good start there are some things not working that well for me as well as some little things missing or needed.

First off it seems as though the notification is not working quite right. I click on the little notification message and it takes me to the notification window but nothing shows up. It was at least working for the pokes in the previous version, wasn't working at all in the first version. I don't think it works for comments though.

Second, although you can now post a comment to someone's status, you can't see the full thread of a conversation. You only get the last posted comment in the thread. We need to be able to see the whole thread. Like the "comments" link on the mobile site that expands a conversation to a wall post or status. Also, you cannot see comments on a photo.

Third, not all the profile pics are showing up on mine. As well as my own.

Other then that it does seem to be running pretty quick and updating pretty current. It just needs to be tweaked to have near full functionality like the website and that would be great!

I'm also wondering if the fact that I had the previous two versions installed that it's somehow messing with this official released version.

anybody else having these problems? Hope they come out with an update to fix this issues if they are not isolated.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good work

I just installed it and played with it. It's working beautifully. Except the finger scroll is still SO SLOW!!!! Any way to fix that?
Old 05-07-2009, 07:11 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiqnezz View Post
Although this is a good start there are some things not working that well for me as well as some little things missing or needed.

First off it seems as though the notification is not working quite right. I click on the little notification message and it takes me to the notification window but nothing shows up. It was at least working for the pokes in the previous version, wasn't working at all in the first version. I don't think it works for comments though.

Second, although you can now post a comment to someone's status, you can't see the full thread of a conversation. You only get the last posted comment in the thread. We need to be able to see the whole thread. Like the "comments" link on the mobile site that expands a conversation to a wall post or status. Also, you cannot see comments on a photo.

Third, not all the profile pics are showing up on mine. As well as my own.

Other then that it does seem to be running pretty quick and updating pretty current. It just needs to be tweaked to have near full functionality like the website and that would be great!

I'm also wondering if the fact that I had the previous two versions installed that it's somehow messing with this official released version.

anybody else having these problems? Hope they come out with an update to fix this issues if they are not isolated.
Did you uninstall the older version and soft reset then install new one and soft reset? This is the main way to make sure you have the new app working.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

quiqnezz is keeping up the good workquiqnezz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
Did you uninstall the older version and soft reset then install new one and soft reset? This is the main way to make sure you have the new app working.
Sadly I didn't. I did uninstall the new version, soft reset, reinstall and then soft reset again. I think I remember some people talking about a file that was replaced in the last two versions that made the second version work. Might try and reinstall second version again, uninstall then reinstall new one.

Are your notifications working? Do you get one for comment replies to threads you commented on like on the site? Or are they just for like photo tags and pokes?
Old 05-07-2009, 07:33 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Hmm, I haven't looked at that. I will try later, Ill get my girl to comment and see if it works.

Try deleting cache that is in the program files facebook folder.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor

Is there any type of automatic notification for when you receive messages? (e.g. like "push" email and/or a way to automatically check every 5 min?)
Old 05-07-2009, 10:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro

dodgexjeep2000 is just getting started

can anyone make this into an oem
Old 05-07-2009, 11:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk6 View Post
I just installed it and played with it. It's working beautifully. Except the finger scroll is still SO SLOW!!!! Any way to fix that?
What rom are you using? I'm using Simple Rom (6.5) and the scrolling is fast/smooth like it is for the rest of the system. Not like on the previous FB app (although I used 6.1 back then).

Still some shortcomings like stated above, but much improved and usable now.

EDIT: another one to add: Viewing albums only lets you see the first photo in the album and allows you to scroll to the next one (left/right swipe). I hope they change it to letting you see thumbnails and choosing.

Last edited by robotphood; 05-07-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: sprint

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I can't get this to work

Hangs after logging in...

0.16 worked fine for me

-mark
Old 05-08-2009, 01:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotphood View Post
What rom are you using? I'm using Simple Rom (6.5) and the scrolling is fast/smooth like it is for the rest of the system. Not like on the previous FB app (although I used 6.1 back then).
I'm using MightyRom 4.16.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software