PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung IP-830 HTC 6800(mogul) HTC 6900 (Vouge) HTC Fuze
Carrier: ALLTEL/Verizon Vogue 6.5 and AT&T EnergyROM 3.0

rdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Seven (great Push email app)Low Batt use

I did a search and oddly didnt see this app posted found it over at XDA It works pretty great, i get my e-mails in just a few seconds. It doesn't seem to lower my battery life much at all, and setup was a breeze.

http://community.seven.com/main.php

register and download the beta.

Do not install this if you have XpressMail installed on your device as they use some of the same files they both will become unusable.

You can download...
  • Consumer Edition

Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, Hotmail/MSN or other POP/IMAP email services
  • Out of Office™

Corporate email on Microsoft Exchange (Exchange 2000 and 2003), where Outlook Web Access is enabled.
  • Workgroup Edition

Corporate email on Microsoft Exchange (Exchange 2000, 2003, and 2007), Lotus Domino (versions 6, 6.5, and 7), or POP servers behind the firewall, for up to 25 users on a single installation.
  • Enterprise Edition

Corporate email on Microsoft Exchange (Exchange 2000, 2003, and 2007), Lotus Domino (versions 6, 6.5, and 7), or POP servers behind the firewall, for up to 1500 users per connector installation.

IF I WAS HELPFUL HIT THE BUTTON!!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Peteman100 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Seven (great Push email app)Low Batt use

I'm using Seven as well, and I've had a good experience with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavidsmith View Post
I did a search and oddly didnt see this app posted found it over at XDA It works pretty great, i get my e-mails in just a few seconds. It doesn't seem to lower my battery life much at all, and setup was a breeze.

http://community.seven.com/main.php

register and download the beta.

Do not install this if you have XpressMail installed on your device as they use some of the same files they both will become unusable.

You can download...
  • Consumer Edition

Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, Hotmail/MSN or other POP/IMAP email services
  • Out of Office™

Corporate email on Microsoft Exchange (Exchange 2000 and 2003), where Outlook Web Access is enabled.
  • Workgroup Edition

Corporate email on Microsoft Exchange (Exchange 2000, 2003, and 2007), Lotus Domino (versions 6, 6.5, and 7), or POP servers behind the firewall, for up to 25 users on a single installation.
  • Enterprise Edition

Corporate email on Microsoft Exchange (Exchange 2000, 2003, and 2007), Lotus Domino (versions 6, 6.5, and 7), or POP servers behind the firewall, for up to 1500 users per connector installation.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

aindfan is a n00b

The agreement before downloading states that there may be an sms sent to a +44 number to send feedback. Has this occurred for those of you who are using Seven? I'd prefer not to have a push email program installed than to be charged for an international sms.

Thank you!
Old 04-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

ya it happened to me!
Old 04-21-2009, 12:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by aindfan View Post
The agreement before downloading states that there may be an sms sent to a +44 number to send feedback. Has this occurred for those of you who are using Seven? I'd prefer not to have a push email program installed than to be charged for an international sms.

Thank you!
With Sprint, it's a $0.20 charge/email account. If you backup your settings, you won't have to pay it again (good if you like to flash a lot). There are several threads about this program on ppcgeeks, including the one that talks about what to backup to avoid the 20 cent charge (it's in teh diamond forum).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kubafett is a n00b

I also experienced a problem with tethering through bluetooth on my macbook with seven installed. I kept on disconnecting me, telling me my network failed. Once I uninstalled seven it worked again perfectly, so you if tether with bluetooth it might cause problems.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TILT
Carrier: ATT

keland44 is just getting started

that's weird i never heard about this 20 cent charge i reflash a lot i guess this happens every time you reinstall seven on your system? i have to go look at this in my bill cuz i think i reinstalled seven at least three times last month
Old 04-21-2009, 01:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

no. it happens once to verify your account since Seven is located in an odd country. one .20 charge per account. seven's been around for a while, good free push HTML email...

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 04-21-2009, 01:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vintercept™
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
With Sprint, it's a $0.20 charge/email account. If you backup your settings, you won't have to pay it again (good if you like to flash a lot). There are several threads about this program on ppcgeeks, including the one that talks about what to backup to avoid the 20 cent charge (it's in teh diamond forum).
I have been using SEVEN for months now but I never knew about the $0.20 charge/email account and last month I got 24 charges! I always wondered why sometimes my bill was a couple dollars different every month. I need the link to back it up!
Old 04-21-2009, 02:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It supports Exchange 2007. What does this offer for me above the built in Exchange 2007 support in Windows Mobile 6.1? I can't find a clear answer on that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software