PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FingerPrint Security

They had a fake program like this for Palm way back, the trick was you had to hit a certain button before touching the screen with your thumb and then it would let you in to the device. If you friend did not see you hit the button they could turn it on and off touching the thumb print area on the screen and nothing would happen. It was fun for about 5 seconds.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 04-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 8925
Carrier: AT&T

jinth0688 is a n00b

toshiba portege g900 had a fingerprint scanner built in but i dont think the phone performed too great. lol
Old 04-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
Idk, just putting it out there. Take a pic of the finger from about 2 inches away and maybe it reads from that pic? Just a suggestion from outside the box haha.
LOL wouldn't we need that fingerprinting to, say, unlock the phone? So, how do we unlock the phone to use the camera to record fingerprint? :P
Old 04-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
Paranoid much?
Paranoid? Far from it. Just security for the phone, but other than that.. paranoid isn't it. Convenience is.

My PC? I hate typing in my password. I log in using the fingerprint.
Laptop? Same.
Doors? I hate keys! Keys are so 20th century.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:11 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devileyezz View Post
Paranoid? Far from it. Just security for the phone, but other than that.. paranoid isn't it. Convenience is.

My PC? I hate typing in my password. I log in using the fingerprint.
Laptop? Same.
Doors? I hate keys! Keys are so 20th century.
I suppose you are right. Didnt see it like that.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:21 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devileyezz View Post
LOL wouldn't we need that fingerprinting to, say, unlock the phone? So, how do we unlock the phone to use the camera to record fingerprint? :P
I guess since some things can be unlocked maybe the camera would be unlocked. You turn the screen on and it instructs you to press center button for a scan and it would take a pic, I just thought I'd make it interesting.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

sounds feasible
Old 04-16-2009, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro now with way MOREnergy
Carrier: SPRINT SIMPLY KILLING ME PLAN

SE73N is keeping up the good workSE73N is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
Paranoid much?

i am...i would love this,as my girlfriend loves to read my text messages and i need my beauty rest and dont like sleeping with one eye open
Old 04-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE73N View Post
i am...i would love this,as my girlfriend loves to read my text messages and i need my beauty rest and dont like sleeping with one eye open
So does mine. i just delete what she don't need to see.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
I guess since some things can be unlocked maybe the camera would be unlocked. You turn the screen on and it instructs you to press center button for a scan and it would take a pic, I just thought I'd make it interesting.
Ah, yeah. That makes sense.
And trust me, anything's possible contrary to what most people would consider it an April Fool's joke. Too bad technologists are far behind ideas in an age like this. We consumers come up with great ideas that we know can take a shape or form considering we have all this technology, but these idiots slow it all down.

My old argument was just the same, when Palm had PDA devices with Touch screen why couldn't they have either integrated a cellphone chip in that device and made it a cellphone, or vice-versa?

Anyhow, I'm ranting away now..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software