PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   FingerPrint Security (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65195)

jbrown363 04-16-2009 04:02 PM

FingerPrint Security

I seen several ad's relating to FingerPrint Security on Windows Mobile. I'm looking for an ap that has a FingerPrint Security. Has anyone seen this?

Negrito 04-16-2009 04:12 PM

Re: FingerPrint Security

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrown363 (Post 853428)
I seen several ad's relating to FingerPrint Security on Windows Mobile. I'm looking for an ap that has a FingerPrint Security. Has anyone seen this?

How would that even work? A dongle type thing? Im 99.9% sure the screen on any mobile be it WinMo, the iPhone, or even Android...

Devileyezz 04-16-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrown363 (Post 853428)

That would be amazing! As the only thing preventing me from integrating my life onto my device is security. I have fingerprint security everywhere, laptop, PC, home, office, etc.

[sammich] 04-16-2009 04:20 PM

You would need the hardware, as no software can make our screens 'read' a fingerprint. Now, if we had Veriface technology, that'd be a different story!

Negrito 04-16-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devileyezz (Post 853482)
That would be amazing! As the only thing preventing me from integrating my life onto my device is security. I have fingerprint security everywhere, laptop, PC, home, office, etc.

Paranoid much?

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 853497)
You would need the hardware, as no software can make our screens 'read' a fingerprint. Now, if we had Veriface technology, that'd be a different story!

Thanks for confirming my assumption. :)

BenC 04-16-2009 05:47 PM

Sounds exciting until that particular finger gets messed up or cut off, then what do you do? Just one more thing to contend with.

thacounty 04-16-2009 05:50 PM

Camera use maybe?

Negrito 04-16-2009 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thacounty (Post 853735)
Camera use maybe?

How would that work with your finger on it? cameras need light to make photos...

thacounty 04-16-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Negrito (Post 853803)
How would that work with your finger on it? cameras need light to make photos...

Idk, just putting it out there. Take a pic of the finger from about 2 inches away and maybe it reads from that pic? Just a suggestion from outside the box haha.

Negrito 04-16-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thacounty (Post 853827)
Idk, just putting it out there. Take a pic of the finger from about 2 inches away and maybe it reads from that pic? Just a suggestion from outside the box haha.

I guess that could. I didnt see it that way. I think i would need a better camera than the one my Vogue is equipped with for that though. :angry7: