PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   FingerPrint Security (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65195)

bkhoste 04-16-2009 08:32 PM

Re: FingerPrint Security

They had a fake program like this for Palm way back, the trick was you had to hit a certain button before touching the screen with your thumb and then it would let you in to the device. If you friend did not see you hit the button they could turn it on and off touching the thumb print area on the screen and nothing would happen. It was fun for about 5 seconds.

jinth0688 04-16-2009 08:48 PM

toshiba portege g900 had a fingerprint scanner built in but i dont think the phone performed too great. lol

Devileyezz 04-16-2009 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thacounty (Post 853827)
Idk, just putting it out there. Take a pic of the finger from about 2 inches away and maybe it reads from that pic? Just a suggestion from outside the box haha.

LOL wouldn't we need that fingerprinting to, say, unlock the phone? So, how do we unlock the phone to use the camera to record fingerprint? :P

Devileyezz 04-16-2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Negrito (Post 853513)
Paranoid much?

Paranoid? Far from it. Just security for the phone, but other than that.. paranoid isn't it. Convenience is.

My PC? I hate typing in my password. I log in using the fingerprint.
Laptop? Same.
Doors? I hate keys! Keys are so 20th century.

Negrito 04-16-2009 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devileyezz (Post 854388)
Paranoid? Far from it. Just security for the phone, but other than that.. paranoid isn't it. Convenience is.

My PC? I hate typing in my password. I log in using the fingerprint.
Laptop? Same.
Doors? I hate keys! Keys are so 20th century.

I suppose you are right. Didnt see it like that. :drunken:

thacounty 04-16-2009 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devileyezz (Post 854382)
LOL wouldn't we need that fingerprinting to, say, unlock the phone? So, how do we unlock the phone to use the camera to record fingerprint? :P

I guess since some things can be unlocked maybe the camera would be unlocked. You turn the screen on and it instructs you to press center button for a scan and it would take a pic, I just thought I'd make it interesting.

beefcakeb0 04-16-2009 11:26 PM

sounds feasible

SE73N 04-16-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Negrito (Post 853513)
Paranoid much?

i am...i would love this,as my girlfriend loves to read my text messages and i need my beauty rest and dont like sleeping with one eye open

Negrito 04-17-2009 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SE73N (Post 854552)
i am...i would love this,as my girlfriend loves to read my text messages and i need my beauty rest and dont like sleeping with one eye open

So does mine. i just delete what she don't need to see.

Devileyezz 04-17-2009 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thacounty (Post 854519)
I guess since some things can be unlocked maybe the camera would be unlocked. You turn the screen on and it instructs you to press center button for a scan and it would take a pic, I just thought I'd make it interesting.

Ah, yeah. That makes sense.
And trust me, anything's possible contrary to what most people would consider it an April Fool's joke. Too bad technologists are far behind ideas in an age like this. We consumers come up with great ideas that we know can take a shape or form considering we have all this technology, but these idiots slow it all down.

My old argument was just the same, when Palm had PDA devices with Touch screen why couldn't they have either integrated a cellphone chip in that device and made it a cellphone, or vice-versa?

Anyhow, I'm ranting away now..