PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2007, 02:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

srtpusher is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolano
Quote:
Originally Posted by calllmemoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by srtpusher
i am using a mogul and love this program. only thing that i don't like is after i tap a name and go into the detail screen, the phone number is shown like this:

mobile ((xxx) xxx-xxxx)

i don't want the opening "(" and closing ")" thanks
Exit Contact Manager (make sure it is closed, not just hidden). Unzip and copy the attached ini file to the Contact Manager program file. Start Contact Manager again contacts should display without the parentheses. The attached ini file is english only.
Thanks Callmemoe, I was looking to just this the other day.
that is awesome. thanks so much for the quick response!
Old 07-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Touche' is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Skype™ to Touche'
Still no screenshot??

-Touche'
Old 07-30-2007, 05:38 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touche'
Still no screenshot??

-Touche'
added new one... same one Quentin provides on his website
Old 07-31-2007, 08:31 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Threadstarter

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
POCKETCM .05 is out! check post 1
Old 07-31-2007, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RAPH800 Touch Pro

namopereht is just getting started
Holy over inflation batman! 10x the size of version .11, just to add sms threading into it? And it's own dictionary? Ok, the 10x is the full file structure, but if you only look at the app itself it is still 64.6k for .11 and 354k for pcm .05 (still 5.5x bigger). I will keep an eye on this one, but don't foresee switching anytime soon.

namopereht
Old 07-31-2007, 09:43 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by namopereht
Holy over inflation batman! 10x the size of version .11, just to add sms threading into it? And it's own dictionary? Ok, the 10x is the full file structure, but if you only look at the app itself it is still 64.6k for .11 and 354k for pcm .05 (still 5.5x bigger). I will keep an eye on this one, but don't foresee switching anytime soon.

namopereht
You factored out something: .NET 2.0

That's 5mb of savings for us WM5 users since this no longer uses it

(Plus .NET blows...ahem)

I tested it tonight and while the formatting is off for a Treo a bit, this is a very, very nice beta.

It's simple, elegant and fast. I look forward to it's development and the threaded SMS is very nice. I hope it gets fully integrated into the system...
Old 07-31-2007, 09:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RAPH800 Touch Pro

namopereht is just getting started
Yeah, I know it doesn't need .net, but I have a few proggies I run that require it, so not a big deal for me. My real worries are having yet another way to screw up the sms. Seems there are quite a few sms related problems, and the website for it doesn't explain whether it replaces sms entirely or just proxies through the system sms. I wouldn't mind seeing a version without the sms or "experimental SIP". Having multiple ways to send/recieve sms on one device is kind of redundant.

namopereht
Old 07-31-2007, 10:30 PM

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Yeah, I know it doesn't need .net, but I have a few proggies I run that require it, so not a big deal for me. My real worries are having yet another way to screw up the sms. Seems there are quite a few sms related problems, and the website for it doesn't explain whether it replaces sms entirely or just proxies through the system sms. I wouldn't mind seeing a version without the sms or "experimental SIP". Having multiple ways to send/recieve sms on one device is kind of redundant.

namopereht
Currently it doesn't take over the SMS.

It's more a proxy, like you say. So for every contact, you can pull up their SMS chat history instantly and also respond.

It's nice: instead of searching your chat history via topic or send/receive, you can just go to the contact and pull up the history there.

Since you just copy the .exe to your device there is ZERO system changes. No registry mods, no files added, nothing to be uninstalled. It's quite sandboxed, so to speak.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:10 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta
Quote:

namopereht
Currently it doesn't take over the SMS.

It's more a proxy, like you say. So for every contact, you can pull up their SMS chat history instantly and also respond.

It's nice: instead of searching your chat history via topic or send/receive, you can just go to the contact and pull up the history there.

Since you just copy the .exe to your device there is ZERO system changes. No registry mods, no files added, nothing to be uninstalled. It's quite sandboxed, so to speak.
he hit it on the nose... i mean look at the stuff that changed... besides the threaded sms which i dont use bc i have codys wm6 version...

look at the diffs clearly stated on his website

From ContactManager here's what's new/modified:

- Native version: this version doesn't use .NET compact framework, it's written in C++
- Faster version: I've put some time improving performance, on my device, it goes quite well, tell me about you.
- Faster display: drawing is also optimized, however, it may have some issue for advanced theming, tell me about it.
- New fade effect while calling/edit conact/set picture, this offer a better transition between application, tell me what you think.
- Contact update if added/changed/deleted from other application (including activesync).
- Memory footprint: No more .NET crap, picture of contact should also take less memory.
- Ability to remove contact picture
- Edit contact now goes to edit page directly
- New contact now goes to edit page directly
- New theme packaging (a theme in one file instead of many)
- Letter bar between contact
- New setting for non latin alphabet (coming with localization but now it's technically possible).
- SMS conversation panel: hitting SMS button now goes to an SMS page. It will allow to send an SMS display
Old 07-31-2007, 11:11 PM

Also he says this about the SMS part:

- Future release will probably include option to not use SMS panel.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software