View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 10:30 PM
Malatesta
Moderator/WMExperts Staff

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by namopereht
Yeah, I know it doesn't need .net, but I have a few proggies I run that require it, so not a big deal for me. My real worries are having yet another way to screw up the sms. Seems there are quite a few sms related problems, and the website for it doesn't explain whether it replaces sms entirely or just proxies through the system sms. I wouldn't mind seeing a version without the sms or "experimental SIP". Having multiple ways to send/recieve sms on one device is kind of redundant.

namopereht
Currently it doesn't take over the SMS.

It's more a proxy, like you say. So for every contact, you can pull up their SMS chat history instantly and also respond.

It's nice: instead of searching your chat history via topic or send/receive, you can just go to the contact and pull up the history there.

Since you just copy the .exe to your device there is ZERO system changes. No registry mods, no files added, nothing to be uninstalled. It's quite sandboxed, so to speak.