View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 11:10 PM
wowthatisrandom
What I do is a Lou Thang
Threadstarter

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta
Quote:
Originally Posted by namopereht
Yeah, I know it doesn't need .net, but I have a few proggies I run that require it, so not a big deal for me. My real worries are having yet another way to screw up the sms. Seems there are quite a few sms related problems, and the website for it doesn't explain whether it replaces sms entirely or just proxies through the system sms. I wouldn't mind seeing a version without the sms or "experimental SIP". Having multiple ways to send/recieve sms on one device is kind of redundant.

namopereht
Currently it doesn't take over the SMS.

It's more a proxy, like you say. So for every contact, you can pull up their SMS chat history instantly and also respond.

It's nice: instead of searching your chat history via topic or send/receive, you can just go to the contact and pull up the history there.

Since you just copy the .exe to your device there is ZERO system changes. No registry mods, no files added, nothing to be uninstalled. It's quite sandboxed, so to speak.
he hit it on the nose... i mean look at the stuff that changed... besides the threaded sms which i dont use bc i have codys wm6 version...

look at the diffs clearly stated on his website

From ContactManager here's what's new/modified:

- Native version: this version doesn't use .NET compact framework, it's written in C++
- Faster version: I've put some time improving performance, on my device, it goes quite well, tell me about you.
- Faster display: drawing is also optimized, however, it may have some issue for advanced theming, tell me about it.
- New fade effect while calling/edit conact/set picture, this offer a better transition between application, tell me what you think.
- Contact update if added/changed/deleted from other application (including activesync).
- Memory footprint: No more .NET crap, picture of contact should also take less memory.
- Ability to remove contact picture
- Edit contact now goes to edit page directly
- New contact now goes to edit page directly
- New theme packaging (a theme in one file instead of many)
- Letter bar between contact
- New setting for non latin alphabet (coming with localization but now it's technically possible).
- SMS conversation panel: hitting SMS button now goes to an SMS page. It will allow to send an SMS display